Trial and Error

CBE

Oh man.... My first batch that really seized on me. When I added the black dye, it started with the consistency of applesauce. ACK! Added the FO, mixed with SB for a few seconds, it smoothed out. As soon as I'm pouring.. it starts making these lumps in the mold. I had no time to swirl :embarasse I TRIED to swirl... but I think I just made things look alot worse. It's hard to see the clumps and lumps in the pic. My swirl portion was ALOT thinner than the pour portion. It may end up looking like a layer...lol... but I really have no idea what this will look like cut. I'm thinking something like CRAP. But hey... it could have been worse!! LOL Trial and Error Babe. Scented in Chrome (type) from Solas.

chromesoap2.jpg

Some mistakes turn out to be beautiful. This kinda looks like a rebatch or hp. I guess we won't know until it's cut. I've had some soap that was beautiful in the mold and imo didn't look so hot out of the mold...you never know:wink2:

Wow....I don't know what lumps and bumps you got going on there, but it sure does look pretty from my angle!!

I sure wish you hadn't said it was Solas' Chrome....I have a big ol bottle of that sitting here waiting to be soaped! Hello HP! ROFL.

Be sure to post pics when you cut that bad boy!

Donna

Wow....I don't know what lumps and bumps you got going on there, but it sure does look pretty from my angle!!

I sure wish you hadn't said it was Solas' Chrome....I have a big ol bottle of that sitting here waiting to be soaped! Hello HP! ROFL.

Be sure to post pics when you cut that bad boy!

Donna

I soaped it and it came out really good.

That color looks COOL, it looks just like its name! Can't wait to see it cut- ya never know w/ batches like this..... you may cut into it and say wow this looks great I had a problem w/ it??

AND remember you have two men in the house that will have a nice big stash of soap (I know mine do-lol). :grin2:

Black dye?:shocked2:

Was it soap safe?

Irena

Yes, I used an oil soluble dye. First time using black though... the other colors behaved nicely... the black... no. LOL I really do think it was the coloring... I don't think it was the FO.

The top looks nice, I hope you wil post pictures of it cut soon... i think it's going to be very dramatic.

I just tucked my second batch in a few hours ago, so hurry up and slice yours to keep me entertained so I dont go in and mess mine up!

LOL I will post pics tomorrow morning. LOL Maybe around noon... I'm sleeping in late. LOL

Would that color discolor a washcloth?

Thanks!

Irena

I have no clue! I guess I'll have to wait and see!! LOL

I don't think it would. But as soon as I can test them, I'll be sure to let you know!!:wink2:

• 2 weeks later...