Craft Show/Flea Market Questions

I had a few questions regurding craft shows and flea markets. I am wanting to try a few but have no idea what to start with. Does anyone do outside events? And if so, what type of covering (tent?) do you use? How about a sign? Also any advice on the number of candles to take as well as different scents. I am completely new at this and am just fishing around for some advice. Won't be doing them for awhile, any advice would be helpful.

Thanks! ;)

Hi im new to this board. For the past couple of weeks ive been reading the old posts on the other *candletec board. Now i was directed here to the new board (or new to me) :grin2: .

So anyway, I work the flea markets , i dont sell my candles,ect. down there i have other things i sell BUT there is a candle stand down there and they have there site covered with a grayish tarp and they have been there as long as i have (4yrs) and they have made it through the summers with that tarp. I buy some of mt FO's there

HTH

Hi im new to this board. For the past couple of weeks ive been reading the old posts on the other *candletec board. Now i was directed here to the new board (or new to me) :grin2: .

So anyway, I work the flea markets , i dont sell my candles,ect. down there i have other things i sell BUT there is a candle stand down there and they have there site covered with a grayish tarp and they have been there as long as i have (4yrs) and they have made it through the summers with that tarp. I buy some of mt FO's there and never noticed a melted mess :rolleyes2

HTH

At the top of this section (business) is a sticky thread - description in red - "tips for Craft shows". It has lots of great info...stuff to bring that you didn't think of, how much to bring, how to decide to even do the show.

I personally stay away from flea markets - people are looking for bargains and I don't haggle on price. :wink2:

I'm doing one this weekend.......and it's so hot outside!!!! I use an easy up, tables, 3 of each scent but dont' put em all out cause the sun will eventually shine on them and fade them!!!!! QUICKLY!!!! Luckily I can fix them, but when I noticed it happening to the front ones, I pulled all but one of each off of the table and put them in the boxes under the table. Any way I took everything but my house so.......... enjoy!

We invested in an EZ up that came with an awning and banner. We had the banner printed on and have our sign, but if you're still researching stuff, you might look into posts by Eugenia about inexpensive signs made from someone on eBay.

What you take will be up to you. We take everything but the kitchen sink with us. Learned we should have Christmas scents out right now too ... we've already had people shopping for the season and here it just started to get hot.

We've also got a bunch of portable fans that we should use in the tent when it's hot. Thing is we sign up for electric and they won't give it to us.

hey scented, i just learned that 2 this past weekend about the christmas scents, i was going to wait till atleast august till i brought some with me to my farmers market. jodi the only tip i have is stay away from flea markets and go with farmers markets instead. also maybe you might luck out like i did and be able to get a inside stand for the whole year. it started out slow but its really started to pick up for me. good luck.