Saveonscents.com Good/Bad??

lindsaycb

I've ordered from them 3 times over the past year and have never been disappointed with them yet. The service was good and everything arrived in good time and was well packed. I have heard through different threads that others have been disappointed with them in the past, but all I can say is that my experiences with them have been great and I have nothing but good to say about my dealings with them. I always order the most concentrated grade of their fragrance oils and they are nice and strong. I use them in perfumes, lotions, and most recently rebatched soap. Everything has turned out great and I've got no complaints against them. Perhaps it may be that they weren't so great sometime in the past when they were first starting out for whatever reason, and if that's the case, it looks to me that they learned from their mistakes and have improved. HTH.

MarieJeanette

I can honestly say I have never had a bad experience with them either! I use their extreme conc. and some of their middle one (conc.) in soy candles with very good throw...You do have to use caution with the extreme conc. like any other suppliers that offer a high concentrate. they answer emails fast and have some scents i couldn't do without!!!!

I've used them as well and found that the ultra or extreme concentrates are the only way to go. The other grade of oil...can't think of what the call it at the moment is just too weak. I don't think they are cost effective though. When you up the grade, you end up spending more money then you would buying elsewhere for the same quality. They do have a huge variety of scents and their perfume dupes are usually dead on. I haven't been disappointed in anything I have gotten except when I bought the lower grade oils...which I don't do any more.

I think they're weak too. "smells just like the original" is a very broad statement. I buy their nag champa & nothing else. I have ordered many, many oils from them, and 95% of them are sitting in a box named FUNKY SMELLING STUFF. It's a gamble w/ them. You may get lucky & get a scent that is ok, but then again, you may be starting a box named FUNKY!

Shipping is very fast though, and the oils are packed well.

I don't know about the perfume dupes because it's not my thing, but I think fern has it dead on.

SOS marketing makes it sound like the extreme concentrates are something really special, but in fact you have to buy the extreme concentrate to simply match the strength of what the best suppliers are offering routinely and it's very expensive.

That's not necessarily bad in and of itself, but those other suppliers can be very discerning about the sophistication of the fragrances they're offering, whereas with SOS it can be quite hit-or-miss. Lots of unusual formulations and one-note wonders in the mix.

I have ordered from them several times, i have 2 to 3 scents that I only get from them for our male line, however, many of the female scents i have tried were not strong enough for my taste.

The service is great and shipping is very fast, which is a big plus when you are in a bind.

• 8 months later...

I was just wondering if people still feel the same about saveonscents here?? There are some Dupes that I see that they carry that I cant find elsewhere that I REALLY, REALLY want!! But, I dont want to waste money if most still say that their scents arent strong!!

The Dupes that I want are:

Oscar De La Renta Type (W)

Knowing Type (W)

Beautiful Type (W)

Romance Type (W)(Thanks Tara for turning me on to this scent!)

Have any of you tried any of these scents??

TIA

God Bless,

Lynn

I haven't tried those particular scents but I have bought many FO's from them and have concluded that "some" of the SOS grade fo's are somewhat light and better suited for B&B, but the Ultra Concentrate grade is strong, only had a couple that weren't as strong as I would like, but it could be that the scent itself was suppose to be on the light side. The Extreme Concentrate I wouldn't pay the money that they want for it when the Ultra works perfectly for my needs. I'd say they are worth trying. :smiley2:

I use several of the dupes in the medium concentrate (sorry I can't remember what it is called) and I think they have a great hot throw in my paraffin blends. But I just use the dupes that I can't find elsewhere. I think the prices can be kind of expensive, so I only get scents that I can't find anywhere else. I haven't ever had trouble with there customer service either. There Sunwashed Linen Yankee dupe is right on and throws like crazy. I have been curious about the Knowing one too. Had a request for it.