A Newbie needs help!

Hello, everyone,

I just found this website a few days ago and love it. I moved from Texas to Georgia almost 2 years ago. I am wanting to try soy wax and not sure which one to start with. I also have not been able to find a place in Georgia to buy. The freight is eating me up from Texas to Georgia. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Hi, and welcome! I buy my wax from either Candle Science in Durham, NC or Carolina Candle Supply in Charlotte. That's about the best I've been able to do with shipping.

For fo's, you might want to try Aroma Haven (Spartanburg, SC); try Bayousome for containers, etc, right there in Georgia.

In GA there's Tony's Fragrance Oils (www.tonysfragranceoils.com), they have awesome oils, but not sure if they carry wax.

You might also want to check out ...

www.tncandlesupplies.com (TN)

www.kycandlewaxsupply.com (KY)

www.candlescience.com (VA)

www.oldmillfragrances.com (TN)

www.aromahaven.com (GA)

www.alabastercandlesupply.com (AL)

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Grama,

What part of Georgia are you in? Do you know of any good craft shows for the holidays? I stocked up on my glass containers months ago. I probably have over 500 jars. I make the candle shades and found they were hard to sell without the jar. What kind of wax do you use?

Hi Rae - I am in South GA, close to the Vidalia Onions. I tried craft shows couple years ago but in my neck of the woods it was not worth the trouble. What part of GA are you in?

I make paraffin and just started couple months ago with palm. Loving the palm you can get from Candlescience.

Hello, Grama,

We just moved from Smyrna to Mableton. I have used IGI-6006 for at least 5 years. I am just now having trouble with the zinc wicks. My customers have suggested to me that I try all soy wax. It is so confusing. All of my candle suppliers are in Texas. I was going to order soy from someone in TN 2 days ago, but they never called me back. Do you like the palm?

Love the palm - have used the starburst and feather for pillars and the glass glow and frost for containers. They had such a run on the glass flow until they are out of it and apparently having trouble getting more. It is beautiful wax and has great scent throw. Candlescience is a great company to buy from. They have great cs and their shipping very reasonable and the fo are good. Have just recently started using their fo but have liked all of them and since they are close that is a very big plus. That is where I buy my wax from also. I use IGI 4786 and 4625.

Looks like you are close to Atlanta?

I found this supplier in Americus, Ga. - Looks like a little mom and pop operation = "pls. leave a message - We will return your call"

Never know though, they might at least have some items that ya'll can use and may be close enough to drive to for some of ya...:smiley2:

http://www.keeferskandlesandsupplies.com/Information/Contact.htm

Love the palm - have used the starburst and feather for pillars and the glass glow and frost for containers. They had such a run on the glass flow until they are out of it and apparently having trouble getting more. It is beautiful wax and has great scent throw. Candlescience is a great company to buy from. They have great cs and their shipping very reasonable and the fo are good. Have just recently started using their fo but have liked all of them and since they are close that is a very big plus. That is where I buy my wax from also. I use IGI 4786 and 4625.

Looks like you are close to Atlanta?

Yes, we are north-east of Atlanta. Do you use zinc wics with the IGI wax you use? I am all of a sudden getting mushrooms. I thought I would try the soy wax and see what happens.