Would you be upset?

DebbieTX

Or am I overreacting?

I placed an order with a "new" supplier. By new, I mean that I had never ordered from them before but saw all these rave reviews on this board and just knew that I had to try them.

Ordered the 10th. Paid for it right then. Received shipping receipt on the 11th. So far, so good. Ordered and Paid for Priority Mail since I am in Texas and knew that it would take quite some time if ordered any other way. Checked the status on the 13th and it says Electronic Shipping Info Received on the 13th. Okay, so they didn't send it until two days later. Then, I happened to notice that it said they sent it Parcel Post. HMMMM...that's odd. Could have just been a mistake. I make mistakes. No biggie. Maybe it was a typo. Calmly sent them an email and told them that I ordered priority mail but the shipping notice says that it was sent parcel post. Asked which one was it sent by so that I would know when I should expect my package. Didn't want to point out that I was overcharged then. Thought that I would receive a nice email explaining that it was a mistake. This is the kicker...nothing. Email ignored. No response. Today, no package. Now, I am fuming because not only was it their mistake that it was sent wrong but then there was no response to my email. So, I can assume that it was sent parcel post and I was overcharged on shipping. Normally, I am okay with this but agitated now that I feel that it wasn't worth their time to respond. I probably wouldn't even feel this way if someone had responded to me. Also, this was my first time ordering from them. I just dumped a supplier this year because I constantly had to call or email them and ask them if my order had been shipped yet. If I didn't do this, then they would sit on it and there was always an excuse as to why it hadn't gone out yet. I'm just thinking that this relationship did not get off to a good start. It makes me second thought using them for my FO's.

Okay, done venting.....

I have an order that I placed on the 9th and paid Priority shipping also.....haven't seen my order yet. Naver gave it a thought until I read your post and went and checked and I paid $13.10 priority shipping for 4 pounds of oil. I am betting mine went parcel post also.....even tho I paid for priority. I think mine was small enough it could of shipped flat rate priority...in which case that alone would have been a surcharge or handeling charge of $4.10 on top of the priority shipping charge.

I wouldn't be too happy either, if I were you. After the postal rate change last month, it appears that parcel post is not a whole lot cheaper than priority mail anymore. Plus the delivery confirmation wouldn't be free for parcel post, so after paying extra for that, it closes the gap even more. Which is puzzling why they would send it by parcel post, as the savings for them isn't significant, unless it has something to do with the FOs and their flashpoints requiring them to go by surface mail?

Yes, I would be upset. This has happened to me before, but I never received shipment or anything. They were quick to charge my credit card, but never received any of my supplies. After numerous emails I sent them, (which they never responded by the way)... I disputed the charge on my credit card, and I was reimbursed. Now this supplier has to fight it out with the credit card company. HA. So no... you're not overreacting. If I were you, I'd find another supplier.

What supplies are you getting? I know of a great supplier in Texas... just received my first ever order from them recently, and I am very pleased. They do not have FO... only EO and lots of other supplies to make soap and B&B products. Very quick shipping, excellent customer service.

Texas Natural Supply

I also got a free pen with my order! How cool is that??!! LOL;)

Thank you for the responses. This means that I am sane and not blowing stuff out of proportion. By the way, my delivery tracking still says Shipping Information Received from Shipper on USPS. So, I have no idea if it was shipped that day or not. Nothing has been updated since then. Do you think that's what it means? I could have swore that USPS changed to where it's more like UPS or FedEx and updates arrival, etc. Cant remember. Maybe I dreampt it. LOL.

Seriously, I cant wait on a shipment that takes 10 business days to get to me. Even if the FO's had to be shipped parcel due to flash rate, then I should have been told that in an email response. I would have made a mental note then when ordering next time.

Oh well, watch me get the package and then love the fragrances. DARN!

I suppose I would be upset if email was the only form of communication available in the world, but I think there's still phone service.

What happens if they have email trouble and can't fix it to get back with you? Then you wasted a lot of anger for nothing. I happen to have two different email services that both function on the lucky you, you have mail philosophy. Many times it just parties in cyberspace. So to me, if you don't get an email, try the phone, or try the phone first and then email. If you get no where, then yeah, be pissed.

As far as it going USPS, that isn't the fault of the supplier. Gripe to the PO, because most of the time they don't feel they need to update anything -- apparently postal rate increases aren't enough. Heck they didn't buy new shoes for the people who walk my packages into this state.

I think that some FO can't be shipped priority due to flash points. I thought a supplier was ignoring me, actually sent an angry'ish e-mail and THEN rememberd to check my spam folder. There sat 3 e-mails from the supplier. I sure had to apologize profusely! And, this supplier also said that for some reason, shipping to Texas was difficult for them. I agree with Scented... give them a call. Or, if they are on this board, shoot them a PM. Perhaps there is a logical explanation. If there isn't, then PLEASE let us know! Always good to know which companies are lacking on customer service... thank you for sharing your experience!

I suppose I would be upset if email was the only form of communication available in the world, but I think there's still phone service.

What happens if they have email trouble and can't fix it to get back with you? Then you wasted a lot of anger for nothing. I happen to have two different email services that both function on the lucky you, you have mail philosophy. Many times it just parties in cyberspace. So to me, if you don't get an email, try the phone, or try the phone first and then email. If you get no where, then yeah, be pissed.

I have to agree with you Scented about the phone call!! Not only could they be having problems with their emails or whatnot....your emails could be going to their "Spam/Junk" mail folder....the only reason I say this is because that is what happened to me. I had a lady place an order and 3 weeks later call me to say that one of the candles were broken and the box had look like it went through a war zone. When I asked her why she didnt contact me right away...she told me she had started emailing me the day she recieved them and every day since. Knowing that it wasnt true....I had NEVER got an email from her and I check my emails daily....I went ahead and replaced the candle. A few days later I was bored and started looking at all the jumk emails I had gotten...needed a laugh anyways and sure enough...there were her emails!!

But yeah....I would be mad too about the over charging of shipping! I hate when you buy something from eBay....pay a CRAZY price for shipping only to see that the seller used Media Mail and paid 1/4 of what you gave them!!!!!

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I have ordered two different things and received them both and the tracking system still says that they are just received. Doesn't show them in transit or delivered and I have them both! I am really rethinking using USPS for my shipping needs....

Keep in mind that USPS doesn't often update their online tracking info. I know the message says it is updated once a day, but I've ordered many items where the tracking info did not appear online until after the package was actually delivered. This may be a problem with the post office and not your supplier. They should have responded to your email though. And while calling may be another option, if a company supplies an email through which customers can contact them, it is their responsibility to keep it up and running at all times.

I have really started prefering UPS shipping......their tracking system is always right on and you get automatic insurance up to $100. I don't even check USPS tracking because it never changes and you have no clue where your item really is. I ordered some heavier items that had to be packed in 2 boxes. The UPS shipping notice came through and said it would be delivered a week from when the notice was sent which would be on a Tuesday. It actually showed up the Friday before that. I do know that parcel post is very very slow........and I have had boxes sent that way take up to 10 business days to get here.

The tracking system for USPS has not been working properly since 6-5-07. I spent all of last Tuesday on the phone with my local postmaster who tried to tell me to use the USPS tracking page and not the click & ship page & I would get the correct info. Did as he said & USPS page is also malfunctioning, called him back and he accessed the page as a postal employee and found corrected info, accessed as a consumer and found the info I kept getting, ie package sent up to 4 days after I had actually sent it (lucky for me there was a way he could find out when I actually sent it and he verified that the tracking site was incorrect), sometimes it states electronic notification of postage printed only, in some cases it says "no info is available on this tracking number please contact seller." Well you can imagine the nightmare this makes for the seller who actually completed the transaction in a timely manner. I had him track many of these packages for me and most had already been delivered but the system is still showing all this incorrect information. And you are correct that since the postal increase many times priority is not much different, as a matter of fact when I pay for delivery confirmation on click & ship I frequently pay a tad more than what is charged for shipping by my calculator. In a few instances parcel post has even cost more than priority lately so some orders you pay priority for actually have to go parcel due to FP and I pick up the difference. Please don't slam me for answering this thread because I am a supplier, just felt that maybe this information might be of interest to some.

Glo

I have had issues with USPS as well and their shipping times. My mother lives in Tampa and works at the airport. TIA (Tampa International Airport) has a Post Office right before you get into the airport and this post office literally runs 24/7. The only one that does that around where my mother lives. Now, when she sends me or the kids packages, she always uses 2-3 day priority mail. Literally, I have received these packages anywhere from 2 days to 35 days (being the longest time to wait for a 2-3 day priority box). The ship time varies every single time she uses them so I know it's not an issue with her, it's with the post office somewhere from Tampa to Kentucky.

I would do as has been suggested and actually call the supplier. Email is so iffy these days with the spam folders and with sometimes the email not even reaching its destination for a considerable amount of time.

Good luck!

Angi

One of the packages I called my post office about last week was in Pa same as me & was going 2-3 hours north. It took about 10-11 days. I always send my packages out the same day or the next mail day after receiving the order depending on when I get the order and if I can catch the mail run that day or not, once it leaves the suppliers hands it is all up to the post office (or who ever is the shipper) as to the length of time you wait. I have had one package to TX take about 20 days to arrive. I have spoken to other suppliers about this and we all agree it is a problem.

As for the email I have to agree that maybe they did not receive it. I answer my emails as promptly as possible. I even answer on the weekends if I am home. I had a question late Saturday night and replied as soon as I opened it, this is just common courtesy to me.

Glo

OK here I am again & my suspicions have been confirmed. It is me who we are discussing. I have finally found the "missing" email, it went to an account I rarely check as it is mainly where my paypal receipts go along with tons of spam from our forum site. I did not receive an email in our "contact us" email account, and silly of me but I guess I didn't realize our customers had access to the "spammy" account. I sincerely apologize for my ignorance. And yes I have discussed this all in detail with those involved via pm & email & phone messages. Just wanted to set the record straight for any who are following this post. I have also contacted my postmaster who is correctly tracking packages for me and has advised me to file a complaint (which I have done) with USPS for the incorrect data displayed on the track & confirm site. My local guy is a peach and I am so thankful for him. I have had to call him so much this last month we are on a first name basis & he has me on speed dial. LOL. As for the long shipping times the only thing I can suggest is that you contact me when you order if you prefer UPS. I believe I have posted before that we started with UPS a year ago and had so many people complain about the high price and request USPS that we changed. Also I believe that I have all of the low flashpoint fragrances noted as parcel post ship only in the description (if I missed any I again apologize). As soon as one goes in the cart I have to automatically downgrade to parcel and on my end of the order I don't actually see if you paid priority or parcel. I basically see a shipping quote & if you have no low FP I send priority, if there is a low FP I send parcel so sometimes someone may pay parcel & get priority shipping. Believe it or not sometime priority can be cheaper now. As I stated I frequently pick up a bit of the postage as confirmation is not calculated in the shipping quote and sometimes it runs a bit over. Not a complaint just a fact. Beginning to wonder if we should just drop all the low FP fragrances but many of them are the best selling ones. Guess that more flammable stuff smells good. LOL.

Anyway hope this clears up any confusion.

Glo

This is why I no longer ship via USPS. Too many problems that makes us look bad when in fact it is USPS that takes forever to mail something, even when it's shipped via PM. I don't even mail my bills anymore. I'm not giving them my business if I don't have too.

I love FedEx and have yet to have any problems, knock on wood.

They insure automatically up to $100 and offer tracking, where USPS does NOT offer tracking and they make it very clear that delivery confirmation is not a tracking service but to show that the package was indeed delivered.

You may be paying more for shipping, but it is well worth it. Plus, USPS has to many problems shipping fo's and their flashpoints.

Thank You Johanna. Well said, the shipping problems make us look bad when in fact we have no control over this. I will note that track & confirm has been updated on the first package in question and it was delivered yesterday and 8 day shipping via parcel post to TX is not too out of line IMHO.

Glo