What is IMHO. one more question i read in this board that you can pout the

soap in the oven to cook is that right and if you do were can i find all

the insructions it realy sounds inderesting and i like to try it

And Care Bear Thanks for answering My questions so fast

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Sherry -

IMHO meand in my honest opinion.

As for oven process, you CP as normal. Instead of leaving out to cure, you cover it and put it in the oven at the lowest temperature setting for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, then leave in oven over night or 8-12 hours. By then, the soap should be hard enough to take out of the mold. This method speeds up the cure time.

I haven't really found that it speeds up cure time. It does allow the soap to gel and speeds up the saponification process, but my soaps still need 3-4 or even 6 weeks to cure. When I CPOP and am ready to cut, I do the zap test and find that the soap is zap free, yet it's still much much milder if you allow it to cure a few weeks. I of course always use a piece right away, but it the soap is much nicer in a few weeks.

Ann M

I agree with ann - doesn't speed up the cure time for me, but does ensure gel. I used to do it - turn the oven on to 170 (the lowest mine will go) to preheat. Stick the soap in the mold into the oven and shut the door. After about an hour, maybe 2, turn off the oven (leaving the door shut) and walk away for 8 hours or so (overnight). But I kept getting overheated soaps so I gave up.

I always thought IMHO was in my HUMBLE opinion - still learning I guess!

CB - Instead of leaving the soap in the oven for 2 hours before turning it off, and to sit overnight, maybe try letting the oven preheat to 170, sticking the soap in the oven, then immediately turning it off leaving the soap in there overnight. I have no problems with my soaps overheating when I don't leave the temp on for any time the soap the is in there.

• 3 months later...
CB - Instead of leaving the soap in the oven for 2 hours before turning it off, and to sit overnight, maybe try letting the oven preheat to 170, sticking the soap in the oven, then immediately turning it off leaving the soap in there overnight. I have no problems with my soaps overheating when I don't leave the temp on for any time the soap the is in there.

I tried your CPOP method today. Soap is in the oven as we speak and I'm having such a hard time trying not to open the oven! :) I'm always peaking in there though. I'll post my results in a few days.

This seems to work for me also. If I leave the oven on, it always seems to overheat!:angry2:

Of course sometimes that can be a good thing. I had one overheat and form these interesting looking beads on top! My dd called it my coral reef soap! It was a great soap and everyone loved it, because it loked so unique! Not that I will ever be able to duplicate it! LOL:cool2:

I CPOP almost all of my batches. Put in at 170 for about an hour, turn oven off and leave overnight (I usually soap in evenings) and in the morning VOILA! I've never had a problem with overheating, although the soaps that I have made with GM or honey I "dont" CPOP.

I've been using the CPOP method and only have my oven on for 1 hour at 170 degrees. Then I turn off the oven and leave the soap in the oven until morning. In the morning I take it out and let it totally cooled off (till it's cool to the touch) and then take the soap out of the mold.

Maybe you should cut back your time to 1 hour??

HTH

• 2 weeks later...

Is there no danger for a wooden log mold doing it this way???

I tried the Eternity FO from RA again tonight and had a repeat perfermance of the near ricing.. I've got it in the mold though, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to rebatch...

So I'm wondering if I'm too late to stick it in the oven for the night? It's been an hour. This FO really heats up on its own already though.. So I'm wondering if I am better just to rebatch tomorrow..

Any suggestions??

TIA

I tried your CPOP method today. Soap is in the oven as we speak and I'm having such a hard time trying not to open the oven! :) I'm always peaking in there though. I'll post my results in a few days.

Not very successful on this one. There was a huge pool of oil sitting on the soap when I took it out of the oven the next day. I rebatched it. I'm now doing the regular CP method which I seem to prefer lately.