Lotion Stick Tubes - which kind

jaybyrd

Does anyone have a preference as to push-up tubes vs twist-up tubes for lotion sticks? If you sell them, is one type more popular than the other?

pushstix.jpgt_4027.jpg

To me, the push-ups sometimes feel like the product might fall out (in fact, it has), and there's all that empty space visible in the lid area. But they hold a bit more, are prettier, and it's easier to get at that last little bit of lotion. The twistups are more secure, but they're smaller and kind of blah-looking. I've also been known to stab myself on the screw-spike, but that's just me being a dork.

I have the clear push up tubes BUT when it's time to purchase more, I think I am going to go with the deodorant tubes. I don't like that spike in the center of tubes. That is just a personal preference.

Although the deodorant tubes are 1.8 oz, I like the wider top to apply the lotion stick and I like the twist bottom. You fill them from the bottom so IF there is a dip when it sets up, it won't be seen.

Here is the link:

https://www.soapandthings.com/pc-1989-38-18-oz-deodorant-tubes-natural.aspx

Just another option for you to consider. :grin2:

I have the clear push up tubes BUT when it's time to purchase more, I think I am going to go with the deodorant tubes. I don't like that spike in the center of tubes. That is just a personal preference.

Although the deodorant tubes are 1.8 oz, I like the wider top to apply the lotion stick and I like the twist bottom. You fill them from the bottom so IF there is a dip when it sets up, it won't be seen.

Here is the link:

https://www.soapandthings.com/pc-1989-38-18-oz-deodorant-tubes-natural.aspx

Just another option for you to consider. :grin2:

OMG, Jami Thank you SO much for this link! I bought a lotion stick in Victoria, BC, a couple of years ago that was in just this container, loved it, and have been searching for it ever since to make my own. I'd despaired of ever finding it! I just ordered a bunch right now (and they happened to be on sale, too).

:yay: :yay: :yay:

I got really pretty twist up tubes from BB I think. Shoot hold on, okay scroll down to the clear twist ups.

http://www.brambleberry.com/packaging.html

I'm pretty sure they were on the sale page when I got 'em.

Thanks, P&V - I like those too, but at .2-.3 oz they're too small for an overall lotion stick, at least for my tastes. I do have them bookmarked for when I make a stick that's more to use as perfume - like with the really expensive floral waxes and absolutes. Those would be especially nice for that.

Cheers! :) :)

OMG, Jami Thank you SO much for this link! I bought a lotion stick in Victoria, BC, a couple of years ago that was in just this container, loved it, and have been searching for it ever since to make my own. I'd despaired of ever finding it! I just ordered a bunch right now (and they happened to be on sale, too).

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Glad I could help. I don't have light bulb moments very often but when I realized how much easier the deodorant tubes were my light bulb didn't burn out lol

Mm. So I'm thinking in the long run it's preferable to go with a twist-up, whatever variety, and if need be dress it up with a label like Bethany says. No matter how nice the lotion is, if I get aggravated whenever I try to use it, I won't enjoy it.

Cheers,

Jeri

I just love the cuteness factor of the little clear 1oz push-up tubes though. I just tell people to keep one finger in the bottom while applying and then they don't push back down. It's not a big deal since the tube is so short. I color some of my bars and label with crystal clear labels and they look so 'purdy' I don't want to change. :grin2:

I do like the larger natural deo. looking tubes, but am bothered by the large empty space at the bottom. The ovals and rounds both have these and all that space looks funny to me.