Dazzle Dust

Has anyone ever used Dazzle Dust from RE/AH.? They have a picture of a candle covered in it and wondered if you would have to apply modge podge or some similar sticky stuff to the outside of the candle first. I guess I could e-mail them, but wondered if anyone had tried using this product. It is not glitter - it is very fine glass particles. Thanks

http://www.rusticescentuals.com/dazzledust.html

Yes, I've used one, but just on top. Here is a pic of the larger type:

attachment.php?attachmentid=8568&d=1160193930

Hope the pic helps to show what its like. They have a smaller type too, but its REALLY small - like dust, I like the larger because it shows up better IMO.

I bought mine from Pourette many years ago and put it on with modge podge. That stuff is great for just about anything...well...not anything...but it is good to have around. Do a search on this board for Groovy Chic's Razzle Dazzles....she has done some incredibele candles with the product. Donita

I've never been cut and I use it all of the time...I actually throw some in the melted wax. However, I like wsp's dazzle dust better...AND check a.c. moore, michael's or hobby lobby..I get a 8oz jar for $4.00...I wouldn't use the inexpensive stuff on my soaps but as far as diamond dust for candles you can save $$ buying it at a Craft Place. My M-I-L (satan as I like to call her) lives in Williamsburg, VA...I hit the outlets and buy my diamond dust there and am paying $8.00 a lb. I usually buy 4 or 5 jars whenever I go...hth

The smaller stuff is just like sand - imagine grinding that between your fingers. The larger stuff is like larger salt crystals, you can move it between your fingers also, but it shouldn't cut you (it won't pulverize like sugar). The only thing is if you had it on your hands and wiped your eyes - that I probably would avoid.

Its not dumb - I thought of the same thing when I first came across it!

... Satan :)

I made Victorian Lampshades for about 20 years. I learned the technique of using "sugar glass"....I hand painted my shades and used modge podge and then sprinkled on the sugar glass with a restaurant type Parmesan shaker. I also did it on candles....but to make sure that it stuck.....I did round hurricanes. Glued rice paper onto the wax and then painted. When dry I sprinkled on the sugar glass. I left boxes of the stuff in Virginia....I should have had it shipped because I paid a lot for it due to the weight. Darn. The stuff is so cool. There is also a product called no hole glass beads....much more expensive but very beautiful. I don't recall the wholesaler at the moment, but it was on a little package that I bought at a bead store. They are located in Bellingham Washington. The clear glass beads are smooth and look wonderful on fabric. Haven't tried it on wax.....yet. Here is a link:

http://tinyurl.com/2p5den

Donita