Candle Prices

Since i am buying oil by the ounce it is costing me like 1.40 an ounce. If i bought it in 16 ounce bottles it drops to about .90 cents an ounce. I just need to get to the point where i am making enough profit(which ill never do at .75 a candle) to buy tons of supplies at once.

Your site says you carry supplies for Chandlers and small business?

How are you doing that if you don't buy in bulk to begin with??:confused:

So far i have only invested 300$ and countless hours of time into my business and I dont expect to put anymore of my money in. I want the business to fund itself. Its slowly working its way to that point. It just takes a while.

Wow.. Only $300??

You started making candles in the end of December (As you posted) now you carry every Fragrance that Gelluminations Carries. Your scent description page is an exact copy as theirs?? :confused:

If your drop shipping for them, then just fess up.. It's OK...:tiptoe:.

wtf.gifThat's right.. Your my-space site says your 16 ...:laugh2:

The candle supplies area is not functional yet.

Nuttin' wrong with a young man becoming a candle entrepreneur on a shoestring, eh? Beats having to work at Wendy's or get an allowance from M & D, right?;)

(Of course I am green with envy because SS's website looks one heckuva lot better and more complete than mine does... and I've been working on mine since the late 1990s...)

*check your PMs here, SS*

Maybe shop around and see if you can find lower prices or lower shipping. I wouldnt switch wax, you will have to retest every scent you sell which would be very costly. If you have good quality candles, people wont mind paying a dollar or two more:)

Here we go with this crap again. I have already admitted to drop shipping from Gelluminations( months ago). I explained the Myspace crap too. Yall are just too dumb to do your research. Yes, my scent description is the same as theres( I use their fragrances in all of my candles and everything else I make). I do not physically carry every scent. I carry around 30 scents in my products but, if one would like, they can custom order a fragrance. I also have explained this. I have spent 300$ of my money. After that, the business has funded itself. Slowly, but it has. I went from carrying only Soap and Candles to Carrying 5 products now so I guess it has funded itself quite well. Thanks for all the quality help.

The business should eventually fund itself, that is, after all, why people are in business, but if you're expecting it to happen anytime soon with a .75 "profit" per candle, it might take a while. To invest only $300 in something and expect a return on that is being pretty hopeful. It will likely take years. Why not bite the bullet and buy larger amounts of at least something right away; with an immediate drop in costs, there will be more "profit" coming in sooner.

Yeah, I understand. I am going to finish selling my last batch of candles and then work on my pricing. Like I said, the 300$ has done great. I have not got any money out of it yet, because all of my profit is being reinvested but I am fine with that for now. I think what I am going to do is stay with the wax and just work on ordering fragrance and containers in larger quantities.

One thing I'd like to add about picking up wax rather than having it delivered, our nearest place (aside from Yaley) is in Sacramento which would be about 5 hours round trip. Usually no prob --we've often done it just for fun.

My mom figured it out (she has the best car for road trips --ours has over 200,000 miles) and we realized it would cost $70 to go to Sac and pick up wax. So we'd better be taking advantage of Sacs, the bead shops, and whatever else we can take advantage of while we're at it, because it is NOT a money saver.

Right now, I'm buying high quality additives and sticking with Yaley's wax.

I explained the Myspace crap too.

Why would you let your son impersonate you on your website saying he owns the business, makes $250,000.00 a year, and is 16 years old??? conf45.gif

Then you put a link on your main menu for all you potential customers to view... scratchchin.gif Don't you think that customers my be reading that also???

Yall are just too dumb to do your research.

NICE!! kissass.gif