Oopsie!

eugenia

This is the old BNL Warm Vanilla Sugar from BCN. Soaps beautifully. I added a touch of false blue for a light pink swirl knowing it's going to discolor. I went to cut it and thought "huh?"

I then realized I thoughtlessly added the FO to my oils, as it's a habit. I meant to add the FO AFTER I took some out for swirling. Guess I will end up with totally brown soap. I will have to re-do this batch as it's for an order. :rolleyes2

VWS2.jpg

It still looks pretty and you never know, you might get a really cool looking soap. I am just so willing to bet it smells wonderful :D

It does smell great. I think it will get all brown and I can still sell it with no problem. I will redo it for the order. My mistake.

It does smell great. I think it will get all brown and I can still sell it with no problem. I will redo it for the order. My mistake.

I also think it might turn dark but with the blue in it also, you might have a subtle difference in the color. Perhaps.

Your soaps always look nice. :)

I think I am going to leave it. They knew the WVS would turn brown. The big surprise was the citrus splash that I did not post. I had beautiful orange and yellow swirls going and the soap turned out army green.

Here's the weird part. I had used squeeze bottles to color that batch and typically leave my soap pot and stuff for a day before washing. The covered soap turned, but the squeeze bottles and pot did not. Makes me wonder if covering, heating and gel are a part of the discoloration factor.

Had I known the batch would change so drastically, I might have left the bottles unwashed for a while to see what happened, but too late.

e