Full Burn pool but wax cling to container

Now that I am getting full burn pools in my tests with Ecosoya Pure CB, has anyone else experienced the minimal wax ring residue that still remained on container that didn't evaporate?? 2.5 diameter and burned 2.5 hours - blew out wick and still that tiny visible wax line clinging to where the burn pool was. Why doesn't that evaporate or is this just natural in Soy? Any feedback appreciated.

It is still too early to judge how this jar will do. Soy wax tends to burn down then out and small amounts of hang-up will catch up if properly wicked. If you are using a self trimming wick, often times these wicks will add to that initial hang-up but again, if properly wicked, that hang-up will burn down. Keep burning it and that hang-up may come down.

• 2 weeks later...

Still need help understanding this one. Getting the full burn pool and 3rd burn on same candle is not melting the hang up clinging to the jar. It's happening on all my tests that make full burn pool. I have a wonderful even burn with the ECO wick, 1/4 inch melt pool but for some reason just enough wax wants to cling to the jar like a thin residue ring of where the burn pool was?? Is this normal with soy? It's annoying cause you can't fully enjoy the flame through that thin film. The ONLY other thing I read that I may try is to lower the heat temp when melting the wax which I have been going up to 180 so the fragrance would incorporate well. So, maybe I'll bring it back down to 165 and see if that helps. If anyone can help me understand this, please help me:cry2:

I think she means the wax residue and not actual "hang-up". Correct me if I am wrong.

Munch, my soy does this even when properly wicked, and it is one attribute that I do not like. I use frosted jars which helps, but I still do not like it. I would rather have the residue with a cleaner burn than less residue with more soot that I got from some paraffin blends. There may be other soys out there that are less inclined to leave a lot of residue.

I have not tested the soy that you are using, so I am not sure if it is something that you can help or not. You don't want to over wick. If you like everything else about the wax, you may be able to put up with it. It always seem like it is either one thing or the other with every wax.

Good luck with your testing. :)

Oh THANK GOODNESS you both responded:yay: HenryK...your picture in your link of how you like yours to burn down....That's what I'm talking about but you have hardly ANY on your jar!. How do you do that?? So Yes, Holly, I think I'm talking about the wax residue. What's the definition of "Hang Up". I'll attach a photo tonight so I can show you what mine looks like. You aint kiddin about one thing or another...test test test

That film drives me nuts, too; but, as Henry said, sometimes it just won't go away. I am trying to use up some odds and ends of waxes that I have lying around here. Yesterday I was test-burning a jar I poured with 464 and 15% 4627. The jar looked great while burning, but when it cooled, looked like a glass someone had been drinking buttermilk from. That ugly, streaky white film was back:rolleyes2 I was using an Eco 10 (8 oz square mason) and the meltpool and scent throw were great, the jar never overheated even after marathon burning for 6 hours; everything great except that film. I figured if an Eco wouldn't clean it up, nothing would. Guess this wax combo will only be used in tins, if at all.

So, I'm not crazy....for now. So, maybe I need to test Cargill C-3 and GB 415 to see how they perform in leaving residue. :confused: Man, just when I get the burn pool nailed down, it's something else. What do you all set for a standard when considering if your jar is too hot? Just extremely hot to the touch?

Made me chuckle Kandlecrazy...

I don't use that wax but I do agree with ah soy. I have had a problem like that but it does catch up or burns down. You burned it just 2 1/2 hours but by the time it get to the bottom or before it should be clean. No hang-ups.

The way it sounds it is just a minimal amount on the side of the jar.

LynnS