Results of test burn. Suggestions?

I just finished my first test burn of the Frosted Palm. I LOVE this wax, the hot throw is GREAT! I'm just not getting a full melt pool. I'm using CSN 14's, like they suggested. Maybe it will catch up? This pictures are right around the 3 hr. mark.

101_0537.jpg

101_0535.jpg

101_0534.jpg

101_0533.jpg

Looking at the pictures, I doubt it will catch up. I would make another one up just in case it had a sink hole, wick up, or try a different type of wick.

Hot throw is one thing, but selling a candle that does that I know I would lose a customer or two.

Mindy :)

Have you checked under the top "crust". Sometimes the melt pool is larger you just can't see if for the top crust or shell. Check under the crust and see is there is liquid there. If so, it will probably at some point catch all up. Sorta looks like from your picture that could be the case but can't tell for sure. With that wax you only need to use 1 oz per lb also. hth

What size and type wick did you use. Sorry, Forget this, I did not see your wick size and type when I was reading.

iT LOOKS TO ME LIKE IT WILL CATCH UP. tHAT IS HOW ALL OF MINE LOOKED AND YES, UNDER THAT RIM THERE IS PROBABLY A MUCH BIGGER MELT POOL. aFTER A COUPLE OF GOOD BURNS IT WILL PROBABLY CATCH UP AND BE FINE. wHAT SIZE JAR IS THAT?

sORRY, jUST NOTICED MY CAPS LOCK IS ON, JUST TOO LAZY TO GO BACK AND RE-WRITE.

It does look like that there is a shell on top, so the melt pool is probably larger underneath. I have found in testing the palm waxes from CS that 5% is the max Fo you should use.

I would not think that you need to go over a CSN 14 in that container because the frosted palm has a lower meltpoint than the Glass Glow and I use a CSN 14 with the GG in that size container (3").

Yes, there is definitely a crust on the top and the melt pool is larger underneath. I'm doing a second burn right now, and while there it still looks like that on the top, there is almost a full melt pool under it. I do think that eventually it will catch up (I hope).

It's actually kind of cool looking since there is a small layer right now on the sides and it kind of glows from inside (much like a pillar would do I assume, I've never burned a pillar).

I still LOVE this wax, and much prefer it over soy. I just like the cold and hot throw much better than I get from soy. I do not think I will wick up just yet,if at all. I'm going to burn it all the way down and see what happens.

Thanks

I love the palm wax from candlescience. To me it is really not that difficult at all to work with. If you use their csn wicks and go by their guide and fo suggestions you just about it can't go wrong:yay: