Have I officially lost it?!! Barefoot Sandals

nayarx8

Ok, I did NOT invent these; been around for over 30 years or so based on my research. I thought the concept was pretty cool; foot jewelry to wear at the beach or by a pool. I also thought it would be cute to match to lingerie for the bedroom, ya know?!! lol

This one is a fancier one ( Im currently working on a more casual blue pair) designed to be worn by itself on the right foot only. I put the clasp so it will fasten on the inside of the ankle to hid it a bit. Made from Amethyst Swarovski crystals, and the flower had a Swarovski crystal in the middle also. Wraps around the ankle two complete times; should fit any adult female.

So, what do you guys think? Have I completely lost my mind? :P

post-2327-139458427968_thumb.jpg

post-2327-139458427971_thumb.jpg

post-2327-139458427973_thumb.jpg

They were selling something like that on one of the TV shopping shows. I thought they were very cool. They made them out of some sort of a stretchy cord but the gals foot was so big too much of the cord showed:confused:. Your looks much better than theirs!:yay:

I think yours are very elegant, they would be so pretty on a bride getting married on the beach.

I made those a few years ago using the stretchy cord. I only made two pairs but I bought so many beads to make more and never did. I think you will like the stretchy cord if you make some with it.

post-62-139458427976_thumb.jpg

post-62-139458427978_thumb.jpg

Those sure do bring back memories for me! My mom used to make what she called "barefoot sandals" back in the 70's. I was actually allowed to wear them to church in the summer because I did have sandals on!! :laugh2:

The ones she made were with the stretch cord but I think yours looks great! Wonder if I can pull the same thing now in order to wear them to work??!!??

Nantes