Suggestions for Candle Release

I am looking for suggestions to use in place of a fragrance oil. I made one of the swirl candles using 4625, but didn't use any fragrance oil in, I want to make one for a wedding present, and because the bride sensitive to fragrances I can't put any fragrance in it. This was going to be my test candle, but when I attempted to take it out of the mold, it was extremely stuck and had to use my heat gun to release it. I wasn't sure if using a mold release spray would do the trick, or if I needed to add something different to the wax.

TIA

Pam F

I use 4625 as well. I've been trying to make some plain white unscented pillars. Trying is the keyword there :(. Even at 1oz pp of mineral oil, I still couldn't unmold them for 2 days, day #2 being in the fridge, without leaving wax in the mold. The last ones finally came out whole. 1 1/2 oil pp and greasing the mold with cooking spray was the only way I could make it work.

Do you use Stearix? I'm always making unscented candles, and don't have any more problems than when they're scented. I generally do pound and a half batches and use 2 tablespoons of Stearix to 1 1/2 pounds.

They may need a few minutes in the fridge! It hasn't started getting really warm here yet, but when it does the house will hover somewhere around 80 all the time if not higher.

Kelly

I haven't tried making an unscented candle again, because I ran out of the wax more will be arriving tommorrow. I will make 2 candles one using the mineral oil, and another using the stearic. I usually use stearic when I make my candles using my 1274 wax, but had just bought a slab of 4625 to play with, and for some reason hadn't been using the stearic in it. Will post my results after I play again.

Thank you

Pam F