New Candle Kitty Chunks

They look great.

You know you can make more of the surface chunks show?

Take a knife and press lightly around the edge of the chunks, then pop the wax off the chunks. Next, with a soft bristle paint brush brush off any remaining wax crumbs. Next, lightly go over the candle with a heat gun to soften the cut areas. This makes for a much better looking chunk candle.

You spend all that time cutting up chunks, you should at least expose them to be seen + the more they are exposed the better they sell.

These are practice candles more for my roommate then me. The creamy peach one I did to show her what an additive to the overlay will do to the candle itself. The turquoise one she did without any additives.

Didn't think about pulling out the chunks more in the candles, I figured one step at a time for her, don't want her getting overloaded, lol.

Peach one is my favorite too, as far as the look (Peak's George Peach and Cinnamon).

But as for smell, I totally love the turquoise. That Key Lime Pie (Peak's Key Lime and Fresh Baked Pie Crust) is enough to cause you to have a lime attack.

They look great. Hope this wax burns well for you what ever it is. I love lime. I like to play with additives and see what it does to the colors too. I used to use a blend for the chunks and then straight paraffin for the over pour. That gave a nice contract and a great burring candle. Then for some reason the CBL 141 that I was using rippled on my cookie sheets and I had to heat gun them smooth before cutting chunks. I was making way too many chunks, like thousands, to stand there and wait to zap the ripples....so I just switched to all the same wax. I may try a blend from IGI and see how that works. See......this just got me to think again.......dangerous stuff. (smile) Auntie D

She speaks the truth, she's spent more time running from her room, clear across the house to the garage and back than she has since we moved down here. If she keeps this up, I'm going to have to make a separate workshop for her.

Aunt D, I know what you mean about playing with additives, I'd like to get a hold of some crystal additive that's supposed to make the wax more transparent, but I haven't found any yet. I love the chunk candles that looks like the chunks are suspended, beautiful stuff.