I can't stand DH sometimes!!!

Morganst

Don't you know, I got up at the crack of dawn this morning so I could make 2 4lb batches of CPOP. Everything went according to plan and by 8:00AM both batches were in the 170 degree oven. DH makes his way downstairs to the kitchen just in time to watch me turn the oven off (timer was alarming). We have deep meaningful conversations about the 2 batches of soap that are sitting in the freakin oven. I make myself a nice cup of tea and go sit in the living room. Low and freaking behold this bafoon decides to make himself one of them big fat omelets that you put in the oven. Don't you know he turns the oven on BROIL in preparation for said omelet while my soaps are sitting in there. He goes to stick the thing in the oven and gasps at the sight of my smoking soaps. I'm so mad I could spit at him right now. His apology? - "oops"

Sorry for ranting but I'm so mad right now. My soap has tiny bubbles on top (like bullfrog's back)!!!

Thanks for listening and have a glorious day everyone - I'm going back to bed to wallow in self pity.

I'm going back to bed to wallow in self pity.

Hey...don't wallow in self pity....plot his evil demise. MUAHAHAHAHA.

I'm so sorry about your soaps. I would be seriously TICKED off myself. I can honestly say though, my DH has the same "DUH" moments too. There have been times I would just rather throttle him as look at him.

Can the soap be saved at all?? (Maybe make him use them all up!)

And did he at LEAST make you an omelet too???

:awww:

Donna

What is it with men? I'm sorry he ruined your soap. If it's any consolation...my dh (who NEVER cooks), decided to make fishsticks (not sure that's actually considered cooking). I had told him probably 15 minutes before that I had 5 jars of aroma beads sitting in the oven and not to turn it on. Long story short...I now have 5 jars of gooey melted globs of beads. Grrrr.....

D

Thanks for listening guys and for making me feel better. You may have saved him from a serious Sunday morning beat down:cheesy2:

No omlet for me (I don't like them). His avoidance of me for the rest of the day will surfice as his punishment - tee hee hee.

Tart Addict - sorry to hear about your aroma beads and I do feel your pain. Maybe we need to come up with some sort of zapping device that zaps them whenever they touch the oven knob :laugh2:

I'll let you all know how it turns out tonight when I retrieve them from the oven.

I have to admit I did something to me DH one time. :rolleyes2 He just finished his tooling on a mold insert I needed and started preparing the silicone, plopped his masterpieces into the oven to speed up the process, turned the oven off and left everything in overnight. Well....me not knowing he had our new mold composites in the oven, turned it on first thing in the morning to pre-heat for breaky and I instantly develped pretty strong heart palpitations when I opened the oven door to insert the food. This incident affected both of us, but more so him as all his hard work puffed up like pink marshmallows.:shocked2: I laughed so hard it brought tears to my eyes, :laugh2: but I laughed due to embarrassment more than anything.

I'm so sorry that happened as I can completely understand how you feel. Not that dh has done that to me but I can totally relate to them not listening when you tell them something important like that. Maybe you can cut the tops off the soap and hopefully they will be okay.

OK what ever happened to checking the oven before you turn it on :confused: !!

Does he realize what he's done- how much time, effort, and money is now down the drain--- to me that beat down sounds in order LOL!!

Can you save the soap by cutting the tops off?? I sure hope so!

I vote for letting go of it (I know, I know!) and making a sign to set on top of the stove when you have soap on it. Honestly that would be the easy answer here because mine (no matter how many time I explained the need to check something first) would never remember.

Look on the bright side.....this would never happen at my house because my husband doesn't know how to turn on the oven!:rolleyes2

Well, I didn't ruin any soaps or silicone molds, but yesterday I decided to make some muffins for breakfast. Preheated the oven to 400 mixed up the muffins, got the batter in the pan, open the oven...and the giant plastic bowl of cherries I just picked the day before was almost completely melted. I had forgotten I stuck the bowl in the oven because my youngest (and dumbest) cat wouldn't keep his fat head out of the bowl. He kept scooping cherries out to play with.

The plastic at least came off the oven. I felt worse about the cherries since we haven't had a good crop in 3 or 4 years.

I am no longer allowed to hide things in the oven.

You guys cook food in your ovens?? Wow, what a concept. I thought ovens were just for soap and a temporary storage for dirty pots and pans. lol

Yeah, I too say forgive the lug. It was an honest mistake and what can you expect from someone that pees standing up? :P At least he cooks for himself. :laugh2:

I vote for letting go of it (I know, I know!) and making a sign to set on top of the stove when you have soap on it.

I put the SAME sign up on the stove so my mother wouldn't turn the oven on while my soap is in there.... I would have been pissed!

Yeah, I think you can forgive him...tomorrow :laugh2:

DH's are men, and sometimes it seems the concept of thinking or checking/looking are hard for them to grasp.

Several years ago, I preheated the ovens to warm 4 large pans of Mac & Cheese that I made the night before to take to a party that day. I decided to lay down b/c I set both ovens to turn off after about a 45 mins. Mac & cheese can be a mess, with spill-overs & all, so DH thought he would "help" w/ the oven clean-up by pressing the self clean buttons on both ovens. Nice thought, but the helpful genius didn't check to make sure they were empty!:mad:

Long story short, the high cleaning temps burned the hell out of the food, DH had to up the $100 bucks for replacements, I had to remake all 4 pans, & DH has since been forbidden to ever touch the oven again.

How do I make sure he doesn't use them? I keep my ovens locked :D

Digital ovens are awesome!

LMAO - you guys are the best. You've all cheered me up tremendously!! I think I'm gonna make myself one of them there signs for the oven.

BTW - While stomping about the house earlier in my bad mood I happened to grumble something about wanting a raised garden bed to plant my herbs for so long I might as well wait until next year!! Wouldn't you know he couldn't get to home depot fast enough? It's only 3:30pm and my raised garden bed is in, the dirts in, the herbs have been planted and my garden gnome is sitting in there keeping watch. maybe he should burn up my soap more often :laugh2:

LMAO - you guys are the best. You've all cheered me up tremendously!! I think I'm gonna make myself one of them there signs for the oven.

BTW - While stomping about the house earlier in my bad mood I happened to grumble something about wanting a raised garden bed to plant my herbs for so long I might as well wait until next year!! Wouldn't you know he couldn't get to home depot fast enough? It's only 3:30pm and my raised garden bed is in, the dirts in, the herbs have been planted and my garden gnome is sitting in there keeping watch. maybe he should burn up my soap more often :laugh2:

Guilt can be a beautiful thing. Blended in with a little shame.:laugh2: