HELP! with round labels

Sag_77

I bought round labels from Online Labels (1.67") and I can't get them to line up. I am using DesignPro by Avery and these are supposed to be compatible. But no matter what I do I can't get these labels to center properly. Is there anyone who can please help me out with this? TIA

All I can say is I still have this problem with my 2" labels and was never able to fix it. I tinkered with the top and left margins a little until I could get them a little more centered. The info they give on the site for the templates are a little off.

Print practice test sheets in B&W draft, then hold it up to your label sheets to the light, that way you don't waste too many label sheets.

What's worse is with mine, the bottom row of labels about 4 rows of pixels get cut off (squaring my round graphic off), and that I can't seem to figure out at all how to fix, it's as if I'm trying to print outside of some invisible area which I'm not.

I'm also a Graphic Artist besides a candler and use Corel Draw. I, too have problems, only with round labels. With my program I can nudge each one over or up & down. So when I first print a page there will be some that are off, than I nudge the others then print again. Sometimes I have to print up to 10 sheets until their all just right. Once it's set then it stays right. Not all of the test sheets are lost, just some that did not line up right.

I'm thinking it has more to do with the printer than the program, at least on my end. I use EPSON printers, and they have great quality. So I don't know, for sure, I just deal with it when I design new round labels.

What's worse is with mine, the bottom row of labels about 4 rows of pixels get cut off (squaring my round graphic off), and that I can't seem to figure out at all how to fix, it's as if I'm trying to print outside of some invisible area which I'm not.

Ugh, I have this exact same problem with 1.67" labels, in addition to all the aforementioned ones, ha.

I use Label Factory Deluxe (which is built on the Avery Design Pro) and eventually made my own custom label setting and it's a little better, but label printing is still quite the hair-pulling experience. :shocked2:

I make a junk template, then use circular text and fit it to the template, and type stuff all the way around. Print in black onto a regular sheet of paper, the 1st, middle and end circles and then hold it up to the light.

This way I don't waste labels, or really much ink but I get a really good idea.

I've run into this probblem as well. Part of it seems to be the printer (my new printer ROCKS!!!!) but that's generally only the top-to-bottom fit. My program (Label Factory Delixe 3.0) only reads to the 0.01" place and most of the round labels on the market require 0.001" or 0.0001" spatial resolution.

So I fiddle with the left/right margins and the gutter spacing to get things right. It is possible, but a PITA! I found with my old printer that I couldn't print pages of labels at a time. I had to let the printer "rest" between sheets or the top-to-bottom spacing was off. I almost threw the printer out the window!!! :mad: I am so glad we bought a new one and now I can use the listed metrics with almost no adjustment.

I have label problems too, I find that when I print the last 2 row sometimes even 3 rows print off the label so I started printing the top 2 or 3 row and then turning the paper upside down & printing so now they all print within the circle HOWEVER they are a little off center regardless of being centered in the program I am using. I bought Avery labels and use Avery program. I gave up on the online labels.

I avoid round labels like the plague! I've gotten to where I only use them on the bottoms of jars for ingredients. all my other jars I designed a long rectangular label that wraps around so I don't have to do round. This way too I can just by the full 8 x 10 sheet labels and cut them on my paper cutter. Everything looks better since I stopped fiddling with the rounds!

Bethany

• 1 month later...

Jm4666, your advice to try printing from the opposite end is very valid. I also encountered problems with Online labels not lining up. I measured and found that the top and bottom margins on the sheet were off by a fraction, which made all the difference in the world when I fed them through the other end first.

I can chime in here and agree with online labels! I had some that were 1/4" inch off and they sent me a new batch out. Well, those were a bit better but they are all off. I can NEVER get a full page to print right. I am lucky if I can get the first row across to come out right most times and I keep adjusting! I have a OK C3400 laser printer if that helps anyone! I am so discouraged on these labels. I bought the gold foil ones and not sure if Ill ever get these working right! If anyone has laser suggestions, please send them this way!

God Bless,

Lynn

I could never get labelsonline to work with my printer, 1.5" circle, no matter which way I printed them. I used my Print Shop program to move each and EVERY label over, millimeter by millimeter until they all lined up, I saved it. Now when I print labels I just pull up that label and change the scent name. They told me the ONLY compatible program was WORD. So I have since written them a nasty email, I ordered 1000 sheets, for the cost to ship them back I could have bought another case with free shipping from labelsonline, which by the way are the SAME as the Avery labels, no need to monkey around with moving margins. I would recommend buying labels that are same layout as Avery, less headache.

After much messing around I gave up having wasted, so much time, ink, labels and purchased the label printing software from http://www.worldlabel.com/Pages/software.htm

They have templates for the exact sizes and they printed like a dream, all perfectly lovely and spot on within seconds and no messing about. :yay:

Don't believe the rubbish about 15 day free trial though - what a crock, as anything you print will have a watermark across it, but well worth a try to see how your labels line up and more to the point print. So at least you can try before you buy and see if it works for you.

I'm very happy with the results and $25 well spent, in my opinion.

P1010508.jpg

P1010501.jpg