2 color soaps

Crafty1

Now...My opinion....and only an opinion here...is that it was made in a log mold. Maybe two batches, if the mold is a 4 pound mold, then 2 pounds made with each scent/color....and then the mold stationed on an angle so that when the soap is poured, it fills that way. Now....when CPing, how you get the second batch to meld with the first without bleeding into it is beyond me.

Not much help here am I?....but I don't think it's a "special" mold.

Donna

ummm! you method seems interesting, i would imagine if doing it your way, it would have to be poured at a heavy trace. not sure though. anyone else have any suggestions or know how to create this look?

Looks that way to me too. The mold was tilted and soap poured at a heavy trace. Haven't done it yet but I'm hoping to get around to it eventually. I'm still working on a three batch soap for my Kitchen drawer..argh! the gremlins and fairies had a reunion at my house recently and forced me to make LS ONLY!..heheheh that usually keeps them away from round these parts!

I agree with angel concerning mp

Now...My opinion....and only an opinion here...is that it was made in a log mold. Maybe two batches, if the mold is a 4 pound mold, then 2 pounds made with each scent/color....and then the mold stationed on an angle so that when the soap is poured, it fills that way. Now....when CPing, how you get the second batch to meld with the first without bleeding into it is beyond me.

Donna

Donna

No, not a special mold, and it is poured at a thicker trace and it helps meld when it gels. Even if you don't gel though, it will stick together without bleeding.

I made these that way a while back -

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33569

That looks like a log mold set on a tilt to one side. I would make a batch with the white, pour with the molds on at tilt (something underneathoen edge) at a medium, to thick trace. Let is set up a bit while I made the other half, pour the other half over a spoon to gently get it in the mold without messing up the other side, and somehow do this while putting the mold flat again? This has been my theory on how to do this without a vertical mold and dividers. I have no true experience with it! It would seem like if you used a divider the line would blur (not be so clean) when you pulled it out anyway.

HTH,

Bethany

The candle & soap site on About.com has a step by step (with pictures) recipe for a lavender-mint CP soap that uses the tilted mold trick for a two color effect. It's on my "Ooo, I wanna try that!" list. Here's the link:

http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/soaprecipes/ss/lavendmintsoap.htm

Just be sure your pop-up blocker is on, About.com can get a little pushy that way.

I got curious and experimented with a batch of "tilted" soap. One part lavender and Patchouli (lavender fields ultrammarine)the other part TTO and pink grapefruit with oatmeal, I left the other half natural and now I want to do lots more. I'll post some pics soon.