'STINKY' scent candles.......

Well, I decided to order the 'stinky' FO's of Citronella & Smoke/Odor Eliminator......I guess the Smoke/Odor Eliminator isnt so bad, but the Citronella OMG is just horrible stuff-no wonder the bugs stay away.....I wanted to share my container with you...and am wanting your 'input' on or if i am able to sell them being in these containers:

beerpopcandles.jpg

Let me know what ya think!

~Carlena~

www.carlenascreations.com

I'm not sure of the legal ramifications of pouring and selling candles made in aluminum soda cans but I'd be willing to bet there would be something. However, and don't take this the wrong way, but I myself would not buy a candle in an old aluminum can. I do not care for the look but others may. Hopefully others will chime in with their opinions too. I do remember seeing some lady, I believe it was on e-bay, that was doing the same kind of candles. She was using old veggie cans as well.

I do appreciate your creativity though. :smiley2:

Since that's a tall can, would it get super super hot? Since peep would probably burn and burn and burn it? Just asking out of curiosity (I don't do container candles) - I'm afraid someone would burn it for hours and hours and then try to move it and spill it all over, simply because it's a can and they're used to holding them. Does that make any sense whatsoever? Old habits and all that.

I've been test burning them & so far so good! I have picked up the can & its cooler to the touch more then a jar candle.....it hasnt burned to the bottom yet so am curious to see how it does when it gets further down.

I appreciate the comments! I have seen the fruit/vege cans done before also......but was thinking since these would be burned outdoors what a perfect way to 'enjoy' and 'recycle' the cans too.....and since i'm 'afraid' to put them on my website, for now i'm just burning them myself - we dont collect cans so they are pretty neat to have sitting on a table!

Wicking wasnt bad at all either....i just hate the smell of the Citronella is all:shocked2:

~Carlena~

Since that's a tall can, would it get super super hot? Since peep would probably burn and burn and burn it? Just asking out of curiosity (I don't do container candles) - I'm afraid someone would burn it for hours and hours and then try to move it and spill it all over, simply because it's a can and they're used to holding them. Does that make any sense whatsoever? Old habits and all that.

I would think they would get very hot too since metal conducts heat. I wouldn't be as worried about them spilling it as I would about them burning their hands. I would think it would be hard to wick so that the can did not over heat. :confused: For example, my tins always get hotter than my glass jars, with the same wick and wax.

I would think they would get very hot too since metal conducts heat. I wouldn't be as worried about them spilling it as I would about them burning their hands. I would think it would be hard to wick so that the can did not over heat. :confused: For example, my tins always get hotter than my glass jars, with the same wick and wax.

ha Meridith, I guess that's what I meant in a roundabout way - they would burn their hand and subsequently spill it - Carlena will have to let us know how it is when it burns further down :) Oh, and ets that my concern about the spilling it is that I read an article YEARS ago before I started making candles about a guy who was burning an outdoor candle and he somehow spilled it and then fell in the HOT wax and burned himself quite badly on his thighs (he was wearing shorts).

How did the testers burn? I think they might be a little to thin to burn a candle in them, but you never know who might buy them. It's worth a try. I would check with the bottling companies to see if there is a problem with using them for something they were not intended for.

You can bet the names/logos on the cans are trademarked, probably the entire design as well. The big companies don't usually like having their profits made of their stuff when they aren't getting a cut. Unless you want to hide it from them and take your chances....

Personally I wouldn't sell any candle in a thin aluminum can like that, regardless of legal problems. The thin metal is likely to get very hot, possibly even leaving burn marks where they're sitting. On the other hand, maybe they wont get too hot, which will make it much more likely that someone will try to pick it up to move it while liquid, and that aluminum crushes way too easy. JMO

I agree SatinDucky. I think it is too thin of metal, you can't be too careful. Although, I am going to try a citronella candle in a small coffee can and a veggie can. As far as legal stuff, what about the people who stretch the coke bottles and stuff? Or the Corona salt & pepper shakers. Wouldn't that be the same.

Well, I decided to order the 'stinky' FO's of Citronella & Smoke/Odor Eliminator......I guess the Smoke/Odor Eliminator isnt so bad, but the Citronella OMG is just horrible stuff-no wonder the bugs stay away.....I wanted to share my container with you...and am wanting your 'input' on or if i am able to sell them being in these containers:

beerpopcandles.jpg

Let me know what ya think!

~Carlena~

Carlena!!!! I would love to have the Miller Lite candle. I'd invite my pastor over and freak him out!!!! Lord, we could put that on America's Funniest Videos.

I'd have a BBQ and say to my husband, "Honey could you light that so we could keep these pesky mosquitos away."

:laugh2:

As far as legal stuff, what about the people who stretch the coke bottles and stuff? Or the Corona salt & pepper shakers. Wouldn't that be the same.

Maybe they have a contract with the company, maybe they don't. I dunno. Maybe you don't even need their permission, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. Many people get paid for working jobs under the table and never pay income tax on it either, it doesn't make it legal. I prefer to be legal whenever possible. Like I said, JMO..

Honestly I don't care for the looks of your cans. I am a big fan of beer but I would never burn a candle in my house that is in a beer can. Just not something I would want on the counter with my children running through the house.

I like them, I think that when yo sell them just remind people that the can will get warm while it is burning. Just like a glass one does inside your house.I HATE the smell of citronella, I have to pour and run away as fast as I can. Its almost gagging inst it......