Rusty Tin Candle.

Here is a pic. of my rusted tin candle. It is gingerbread with a splash of red on top and dusted with diamond dust. I am making these for a new store that sells antiques and she wanted something rustic so this is what I came up with. It has a gingerbread man on top. Nothing more rustic than candles in a can...Thanks for looking!

[ATTACH]11713[/ATTACH]

post-1618-13945842691_thumb.jpg

Rsvlbrat/I believe you can rust cans by spraying with apple cider vinager. I had bought some tin a long time ago and

it seems they said to put that on. Hope that helps.

Oh - the candle looks nice, great idea!

I'll have to try that. It sounds easier than my secret recipe. Thanks!

I LOVE that!!!!!!!! I just made a tester citronella candle in a veggie can (got lucky with the wick choice) but thought it would look better rusted. I am going to try the vinegar thing, hopefully it will work for me.

Quick question, how in the world do you punch a hole in the can??????? I tried a nail and hammer but just kept bending the can. Do I need to break out the drill? (scares me, never drilled a hole before) What kind of wire do you use? I hadn't thought about a handle, I was just thinking of putting a design along the top of the can to act as decorative air holes.

Erinmfritz- This may sound too easy but I didn't want to go digging in the garage for the hubby's drill so I just used a hand held metal hole punch. I didn't think it was going to work, but it did. And it went thru pretty easy. I also used some wire that hubby had in the garage. I think you can buy the wire at any hardware store. Good Luck and post your pic. I would love to see everyone else's creations.