"Red Hat Society" & "Think Pink" Categories

maryann

New as of 10/20/05: Thank you for all the GREAT feedback. One thing mentioned that I did not think of was the trademark name. I'm looking for a category name to take the place of the Red Hat Society and saw in the Current magazine a product they name Red Hat Mamas. Thought that was soooo cute. I'll have to see if they trademarked that LOL. Seriously though what does everyone think of RED HAT MAMAS ?? Or is that just not appropriate/offensive?? Or is Red Hat Ladies better. Thanks Georgia for the thoughts- as I don't always think :D.

ALSO posted under FO's section looking for a new name for Pink Sugar that's appropriate for the regular candle section on my w.site plus under the breast cancer category I'm working on. I got some great ideas (Hot Pink, Hope in Pink, Hope is Sweet, Pink Ribbon, Candy Pink Ribbon, Pink Candy Ribbon) from people ALREADY - anymore thoughts/ideas I'd LUV to hear them. TIA :)

DECISIONS DECISION!! HELP me make them - PLEASE!!

At the end of the month or next depending on time, I will be adding two new categories to my site; a "Red Hat Society" Category. This will be one of the items I will carry. Any ideas on a scent to correlate with the category.

[ATTACH]1805[/ATTACH]

and "Think Pink" for Breast Cancer will be another category. Where part of the profits will go towards research. Here is one of the items for this category. The main scent will be Pink Sugar.

[ATTACH]1806[/ATTACH]

post-119-139458381413_thumb.jpg

post-119-139458381415_thumb.jpg

That bear is cute and I am sure she will sell well.

I had the same idea for the tarts, which I will add eventually. I had 2 aunts with breast cancer, one survived and one just passed away this past March after 3 boughts with cancer. I want to do something to remember her buy and help with future research as well.

I hope they both sell well for you!

Steph

Remember Red Ladies are over 55 so think along those lines. To me that's Peaks Bouquet of Roses, Blackberry Sage and Lilac. Love your bear. Where in the world did you get the little hat? So precious.

I really love your "Red Hat" bear. Such a cute idea.

Be careful with age assumptions. I'm over 55 I all hate lilac. So does my 88 year old aunt. She gets really annoyed when people give her lilac and lavender gifts. I went to a retirement luncheon recently where we had a arts and crafts show. My best sellers were Blackberry Sage, Sugar Cookie, and White Tea With Ginger. I Do like Blackberry Sage, Vanilla, Hazelnut Pecan, Wild Raspberry, Lemmongrass sage, Sugar cookie, Chocolate, but none of the florals. I have been testing out fragrances with friends of my son (all in their twenties) and they seem to like the ones I do.;)

I like the roses scent! ALSO a "Tea and Cookies" scent idea is awesome- seperate of course. I've been working on the right wick for a set of tea cups I have, some cookie tarts on the side of the cup saucer would be a cute idea. THANKS for the ideas and suggestions :highfive:

I'm really not into the bears, but that is awfully darn cute.

I would caution you about using the name Red Hat Society,though . It is trademarked and protected.

I made some red and purple pillars for my show recently. Made them in Passionate Kisses - called it Hugs & Kisses. They were one of the first to sell. Red Hat ladies are 50 and over and one of their sayings is, "It's never too late to have a happy childhood". Please don't think old ladies in the lavendar, lilac sense. Make it cinnamon and call it "Hot Flashes" - they will love it! :D

I would caution you about using the name Red Hat Society,though . It is trademarked and protected.

I made some red and purple pillars for my show recently. Made them in Passionate Kisses - called it Hugs & Kisses. They were one of the first to sell. Red Hat ladies are 50 and over and one of their sayings is, "It's never too late to have a happy childhood". Please don't think old ladies in the lavendar, lilac sense. Make it cinnamon and call it "Hot Flashes" - they will love it! :D

An ideas on what I should use as my category button instead of Red Hat Society? Did think about the trademark part :undecided

I made some red and purple pillars for my show recently. Made them in Passionate Kisses - called it Hugs & Kisses. They were one of the first to sell. Red Hat ladies are 50 and over and one of their sayings is, "It's never too late to have a happy childhood". Please don't think old ladies in the lavendar, lilac sense.

Make it cinnamon and call it "Hot Flashes" - they will love it! :D

LOL - what a great idea!!:laugh2:

• 2 weeks later...