how to make gold?

I have bought candles in the past that had a gold metallic glaze on them. I believe this is what you are referring to and not the "color" gold by blending colors with. (like this: http://www.save-on-crafts.com/metgolcan.html) Is there a candle paint in the metallic gold? Those who make pillars might be able to help with that part.

Bittercreek does have a gold metallic gold dye block that you might be able to use to dip your votives in.

I get a very acceptable gold by adding just a touch of black. I use liquid colors. I use 4 drops yellow/lb when I start making my black and gold candle. (Pittsburgh Steelers, of course) To that I add 1 small drop of black. To get a small drop, I use the point of a small shish-kabob skewer. Dip it in the black, wipe it on the side of the bottle to get most of the dye off, then hold it over the pot till a tiny drop falls.

Fredron

DO NOT add black to yellow unless you like the color of baby poo. :rolleyes2 At least that's what I got when I tried that experiment. LOL :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Add brown to yellow, not black, to make a gold color. < DITTO