As if we weren't confused enough

I thought I would let any ecosoya NEW cb advanced users know I just got an email from NGI telling me they are going to phase out the new one and bring back the old version. WOW! that was fast! I just thought I would give anyone the heads up on this that didn't know about it.

Do other soy companies do this with their waxes? I haven't heard of anyone else doing this.

Can anyone recommend a good container wax that adheres, highly compatible with scents and color, and very smooth finish? Obviously I will be shopping for a new wax again (just as I got this one squared away).

Search the boards - including the archives here and at other boards - and get threads PRIOR to the new version version being released.

People PRIOR to the new version were complaining about the cold and hot throw. People AFTER the new version were complaining about the cold and hot throw. People PRIOR to the new version were mixing other soys with it to get it to "throw better.

So, with the addition of wetspots, how does this solve anything?

I finally broke down and ordered the new version and some palm stearic - 2 days later they announce that version 2 is being phased out. It arrived yesterday....talk about waiting til the last minute. Foiled again!!!!

Wonder what they will call the new one........and how we can be sure we are getting "the latest." By the time I reorder who knows what version they will be on. I did like the original though - wanted it to work soooooooo bad, and eventually I was happy with it. Except..could not work with it in the summer humidity. Since we are heading for Florida in 3 1/2 weeks...wonder if it is "workable" there.

Jeana, two that I am testing now, Superior Soy from Southernscentsations and the soy container wax from Just Scent look good. They both have good throw and smooth appearance. I was having trouble with sink holes but someone suggested 1/2 tsp of stearic and that solves the problem. HTH

I finally broke down and ordered the new version and some palm stearic - 2 days later they announce that version 2 is being phased out. It arrived yesterday....talk about waiting til the last minute. Foiled again!!!!

Wonder what they will call the new one........and how we can be sure we are getting "the latest." By the time I reorder who knows what version they will be on. I did like the original though - wanted it to work soooooooo bad, and eventually I was happy with it. Except..could not work with it in the summer humidity. Since we are heading for Florida in 3 1/2 weeks...wonder if it is "workable" there.

There won't be a new one it is simply back to the old. They told me I could make my own version of the new by using 20% pure soy and 80 % cb adv. I am getting fed up with doing all this mixing.

Thanks marilyn I will definitely look in to the ones you suggested. What size are your containers that you are using the 1/2 tsp of stearic?

Has there been any FORMAL word from NGI about this (or just 2nd-hand board posts)? Not that you are wrong Jeana, but I got a PM from someone that stated they MAY be discontinuing it.

(It wouldn't suprise me. I don't know why a company would keep making two versions.)

Thanks.

I thought I would let any ecosoya NEW cb advanced users know I just got an email from NGI telling me they are going to phase out the new one and bring back the old version. WOW! that was fast! I just thought I would give anyone the heads up on this that didn't know about it.

In the first post sounds like it was first hand info.

Has there been any FORMAL word from NGI about this (or just 2nd-hand board posts)? Not that you are wrong Jeana, but I got a PM from someone that stated they MAY be discontinuing it.

(It wouldn't suprise me. I don't know why a company would keep making two versions.)

Thanks.

Well of course I asked Dr. Al. I figured he would know. :)

No reply yet.

Someone was kind enough to forward a short email from NGI - and in the email it specifically stated "may". Doesn't matter though - they'll do what they are going to do. Guess the few of us who did like it will just adjust.

Dr. Al --- Alex you're too funny!

Here are the two email replies I got from them.

Thank you for your input. Actually we may be phasing the new wax out but you can basically make it be blending 20% CB-Pure Soy with 80% of the older version of CB-Advanced Soy.

Thanks again.

Take Care,

Dan Cap

NGI

Just simply put, the mass majority of the people prefer the old.

Take Care,

Dan Cap

NGI

The first does say "may" be getting rid of it, but the second implies to me they have made up their mind. I was trying to get them to keep it. And this was his answer back to me. If they weren't going to get rid of it I think he would have written back assuring me I was still going to be able to get their product. Instead he tells me how I can create my own version of it.

My suggestion to them was not to replace the old but just give the new version a different name and still make it availble. That way there will not be two versions of the same wax.

Any way there is too much drama over this wax and even with how to get it to preform properly. I think I am going back to the testing table when my NEW version is used up.

I suppose that couldn't be how it's made per se, since the new CBA is all-soy and the old one is not.

BTW I've been thinking lately how unfortunate it is that the customer base for the candles has been conditioned to think in terms of soy wax rather than just vegetable wax. Seems to me there's some marketing cachet now in being "100% soy" when in truth it doesn't matter worth a damn what oil is being hydrogenated to produce the stuff. It could be cottonseed wax and so what?

I imagine each oil produces a somewhat different balance of compounds when it goes through the process and evidently it's hard to get the ideal product using just soy oil.

Funny, I was thinking that today. I do want to stay with veg. (many reasons) but I am not picky about which vegetable or plant they want to squeeze to get a good product for us. My pillars are a mix of different plant waxes so I think it would be fine for the containers to be as well. I wonder why we haven't seen pure corn candles -hehe. :cheesy2: