marbled coffee pillar

I pretty much melt them all the way through while they are in the mold. Yes the polycarb molds break down over time. I had one crack but sealed it up with silicone and am still able to use it. No tunneling at all. I've tested these and have friends who also test for me. Of course you do get the sink hole like all pillars but you just fill it as usual. They burn the same as any other pillar. Its not whipped as in fluffy whipping just wisked with a fork to make it a bit lumpy like runny oatmeal. Its not whipped looking like whipped cream or anything like that. It will pour into your mold when wisked or whipped iwth a fork. Your not putting it into the mold stiff. Its still very liquidy. THe point is to not allow the colorant to run all through out the wax and to stay in a few areas so that when you heat it with the heat gun the bubbles running up the sides will make the streaks.

Since this is a whipped wax, there is no way you can get all the air out of the wax and have them look so great, so how do they burn?

I would think they would not burn very well and most likely tunnel bucause of all the air in the wax.

Concur with Candle Man, need to be very careful that you get as much air out of the wax as possible when you put it into the mold. They're gorgeous candles, make sure you burn it completely down when you test it. I actually had a hard time with mine having caves and pits until I figured out the best way to control that is not to just slam them down on the table, but also take a moment and push the wax into the mold as far as possible. Burping them seemed to help.

Did you use liquid dye or dye chips?

:yay: :yay: :yay: CandleKitty is back!!!!!!! And she is right about air....but as per her instructions when you slam the candle down on a hard surface be sure to put a towel over it or else you will have a huge mess and get hot wax in your face (ask me how I know)......Candle Kitty gave wonderful instructions last year. It's all about combining our knowledge here on CT and figuring out what works best. I guess I will have to make a marble candle again. I thought some of mine were pretty ugly so I quit making them. Back to the drawing board. I left all of my liquid dyes in Virginia so I will have to melt some chips or blocks. I want a brown marbled candle. Donita Louise

Did you use liquid dye or dye chips?

I used liquid. As i said before the wax was still runny when i poured it into the mold AND i heated up the entire candle with the heat gun releasing any and all air bubbles. Tap around the mold too as you go.

OK.....I made a brown creme brulee yesterday. Not so good. It looks nice but not what I wanted. You have created a monster here. I have to make a pretty brown marble candle. Haven't done any marbles for about a year. I will do it....maybe. :rolleyes2 Or I will just give up and go back to what I am good at. Donita Louise

The color is mocha. Just 3 drops and don't mix. Pour it into the mold and let set up a bit. Then hit it with the heat gun. It mixes a bit when you pour it and then as the wax melts from the heat gun you can see the color starting to move around. Thats if you use a polycarb. mold anyway. As bubbles are released and rise up it makes a pretty swirl. Also i would take the wick and swirl it back and forth. That would move the color around a tiny bit as well.

The candle with the coffee beans is done with liquid colorant called ivory. The coffee beans only cover the outer 1/2 inch of the candle and are in a higher MP translucent wax that is not colored. After it is unmolded i went over the beans lightly with a heat gun to remove a tiny bit of wax to show off the beans more. I went down a wick size as well so that it wont burn to the edge. My customers keep coming back for more.