has anyone used this before?

Oh yes it's messy but, there is no better wax out there! I use the max fo load and my candles are great! You just have to work around the messiness of it. Figure out how to unwrap it and get it in the melter without too much mess, always scrape your plastic.........really it's great for your hands!!!!:yay: I would not use any other container wax!!!!!!

Is this a slab form or how is is packaged? right now i am using c-3 soy and i like it because it is flake form but i am having alot of trouble with frosting and rough tops.

Is this a slab form or how is is packaged? right now i am using c-3 soy and i like it because it is flake form but i am having alot of trouble with frosting and rough tops.
It comes in slab format, so it won't be quite as convenient as just scooping flakes out of a bag. The slabs will be wrapped in plastic, and it will be easier if you break off hunks of it with the plastic still on before unwrapping, as it tends to be quite sticky.

It's messy as messy can be BUT I mixed some with my soy and LOVED the results. I was able to wick down from my 100% soy, jars I had problems with finding a big enough wick are no longer a problem AND I had nice creamy candles with no frosting and no wet spots.

I can see why people would like this but I personally don't think I would like it by itself lol If you think having a fight with saran wrap and losing is bad, imagine having a fight with wax that is like vaseline. It was NOT a pretty fight for me. :laugh2:

Nita........it is a sticky wax not a hard slab. You can't break it, it has to be peeled out of the 25 lb bag it was poured in. I slit the bag all the way around and unwrap the whole thing and put it in my melter all at once. It will get on your hands, table knife and such. I use a paint scraper to scrape my table off and then use hot rags to get the residue. A heat gun or hot hair dryer will melt it off also. Just be sure to cover your surface that you will unwrap on. You will neede a long knife if you are going to just use chunks of it for a smaller melter. Just think of very thick vaseline in a big plastic bag!

Vicki

Do you know a supplier that sales a 10lb sample? I get all my stuff from Lonestar and they only have a 25 lb bag. I thought i might get something smaller since i am just trying it out.

When I used this wax I left it in the bag and peeled it down and then cut/sliced what I needed. The throw was great. The problem I had with it was the ghosting on my walls, I got tired of cleaning and scubbing the yucky film off my walls and windows.

This is what I use as well!

I just fold the plastic over, lean on the part of however big I want it and it "breaks" apart! Then I pluck that out with one hand, so I never really get that messy.

I compare it more to a tad bit thicker crisco! But I tell you what, my cuticles are much softer!

It comes in slab format, so it won't be quite as convenient as just scooping flakes out of a bag. The slabs will be wrapped in plastic, and it will be easier if you break off hunks of it with the plastic still on before unwrapping, as it tends to be quite sticky.

I think you're thinking of 4630 Harmony Blend. 4627 Comfort Blend is nowhere near slab form. It's a 25 pound cube you have to scoop out of a plastic bag.