CPOP question

traceyy

Ok so I have been reading about cpop for the last 4 hours, instead of cleaning my house or doing laundry lol I am thinking of trying this today but I just want to make sure I havent missed anything

I can use my wood log mold, line it, cp the regular way, cover with saran wrap. Put mold into preheated 170 degree oven. Cook for 2 hours turn oven off. Let soap sit in oven for at *least 2 hours. Then once it is completely cool, cut. Did I miss anything?

I may not be the best help as I have only done OP a couple times and it has been a while. I think you need more than 2 hrs, I beleive it is like 5-8 hrs in the oven @ 170. I never used saran wrap, I'd be afraid it would melt. And just as a word of warning be sure your oven is no higher than 170 and that your mold ia on a cookie sheet. Don't ask me how I know (burnt soap smells really bad). I'm sure you'll get better advice from others who do this on a regular basis. Good Luck!

I CPOP every batch. Put your soap in the oven at 170 for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Turn off oven and leave to cool down in there for at least 7 hours. I usually stick mine in at night and remove in the morning. I've never had a problem soaping this way. I still cure mine for at least 4 weeks but it is safe to use before that.

Have fun

They feel just like my cphp but I don't like having my oven on for the length of a time and the worry it might spill over which it didn't even try to but you never know. I just think it's easier to put it to bed and come back to it the next day. This is a great way to get cp looks with hp's ability to use right away. I'm getting all soaped out right now so after the batch I make today I'm taking a loooong break. :o

Well my soap is in the oven. I used Carries 7 oil recipe that is quickly becoming my favorite! Hopefully this will work well. I just really wish I had a see through mold so I could see what my swirl attempt looks like.