placing an order at Peaks....? on UV

so does anyone know how long before you would see a difference in the candles that contain UVI vs. those that don't? i'm doing a little experiment on this, but am curious if anyone else has already thought about this, and what did you find?

supposedly, yes it should. ideally it will stop your candles' color from fading. what i'm questioning is how fast do the colors actually fade without it (i'm not making the candles to last forever, after all, i want them to use them up and buy more :rolleyes2 ) and also, how much of a color difference is there between a candle with uvi and one without.

do some blends already have it? i was under the assumption (i believe because i read it on here quite a while ago) that pre blends do not have it added.... and if they don't.. why not?

well... I can answer the question on how fast color fades without UV. My first craft show about 3 years ago was outside.. I had all kinds of candles made, BUT did not use UV. By the end of the first day, all of them had faded..... I took a huge loss on that hit, but learned a valuable lesson. Forgot to mention that I was using JOY wax at the time. Now that I use UV, they may still fade slightly, but nothing too noticable for several days in direct sunlight.... so in summary this is what I learned:

1. ALWAYS use UV

2. If you do an outside show, make sure you have a canopy or something to profide some type of shade.

3. And last... ALWAYS USE UV!!! LOL..... ;)

supposedly, yes it should. ideally it will stop your candles' color from fading. what i'm questioning is how fast do the colors actually fade without it (i'm not making the candles to last forever, after all, i want them to use them up and buy more :rolleyes2 ) and also, how much of a color difference is there between a candle with uvi and one without.

do some blends already have it? i was under the assumption (i believe because i read it on here quite a while ago) that pre blends do not have it added.... and if they don't.. why not?

Adding UV will make no difference in the origional color of the candle... only how fast that color fades.

No, UV is not added to wax already, even if it has other additives in it already. Why? Good question. Maybe go to the source (mfg) and ask them...

I never use it. Ever. Haven't had my candles outside though... and don't plan to, and highly doubt my customers will... The only way I can imagine I would ever start needing to use it, is if one of my wholesale accounts wanted to display them in a window where they were exposed to sunlight.

so does anyone know how long before you would see a difference in the candles that contain UVI vs. those that don't? i'm doing a little experiment on this, but am curious if anyone else has already thought about this, and what did you find?

The Black Cherry I use, just in the light outside it turns in 15 minutes from a dark burgandy purple to a yucky pinkish gray.