My first post here...have some soap cake!

My first post on candletech :embarasse Please bear with me while I learn the in's and out's of this forum.

Some of you may know me from another board, I posted these cakes over there, thought I'd share with you folks as a way of saying 'hi'! :D

My soap cakes:

1) rose/peppermint

2) lavender/rosemary

3) orange/almond

cake4.jpgcake1.jpg

I still haven't made mine yet, but every time I see your pics I want to kick myself to start!

:whip: There.

That oughta do it ;)

To answer your questions...its CP. They are full sized cakes...I'd say about 8 or 9 inches across and about 4-5 inches tall. Weight is around 3 pounds each.

I haven't cut them yet, but will this weekend. I'm taking them to a show.

On the rose cake, I have rose petals and rose buds. The leaves are actually dried spearmint. I think thats all that I put on there...

On the orange/almond cake, those are orange peels on top (even tho they look like nuts, they're not) and a few whole almonds in the center. I tend to over do my toppings...like many other things in my life. Ah well.

And the rosemary/lavender, those are rosemary sprigs from my garden.

Thanks for the compliments! :grin2:

Oooh, gorgeous. :drool: Where do you find molds to make them that size?

Thanks! :embarasse

My son had a cookie dough fund raiser at his school. The cookie dough balls came in plastic tubs. Being a fanatic soap maker, I'm constantly eyeing containers as possible soap molds. So once the cookie dough was gone, the containers became soap molds :smiley2: