Palm wax ?

Is there a container palm wax out there where you don't have to poke relief holes and do a repour?

I got a sample from S&P, and I LOVE the look and the scent throw I get with it, however, I don't really like how I have to keep the relief holes and do a repour. Are there any out there where you don't have to do that?

I have had only a couple of instances where I had air bubbles with the Glass Glow. And they were much smaller in size than what I got from Candlewic, Taylored Concepts or S&P.

A blast with the heat gun took care of it, and didn't ruin the top look of the candle too much.

By the way: Today's May 10th and new no stock of Glass Glow. Even the note saying more would be in stock today is gone. :(

I have had only a couple of instances where I had air bubbles with the Glass Glow. And they were much smaller in size than what I got from Candlewic, Taylored Concepts or S&P.

A blast with the heat gun took care of it, and didn't ruin the top look of the candle too much.

By the way: Today's May 10th and new no stock of Glass Glow. Even the note saying more would be in stock today is gone. :(

I'm so glad you posted that this wax was different than candlewic's container palm.

Where is candlescience, maybe we could have a skid delivered to the Ohio candle gathering. But then again if it's OOS might be something we won't be able to get in all the time. Hope the new batch isn't different that what you all have already used. Keep us posted... Thanks

Well I sure wish I knew what the secret ingredient was that prevents the air pockets in the palm you have that doesn't require hole poking and repours.

Figures that I just got a case from Candlewic a couple of weeks before Candle Science came out with theirs. Without a doubt it is my biggest pet peeve with this wax.

I agree Sheila, I actually quit pouring this wax because of all the "TLC" it needed to make a nice looking candle. I've tested palm from all the suppliers listed above, and unfortunately air pockets showed up with them all for me. I've tried cooling slower, putting a box over candles when cooling, warming my candle room up, hitting the sides of the molds to make air pockets come to top,,, etc, etc, etc. Just when I think I don't have air pockets, I cut a votive or candle into sections or in half,, only to find air pockets inside. During busy times of year, I just dont' have time trying to fix tops of votives that have little air pockets... Drat, it's a beautiful wax in appearance, I wish it would behave in the molds.

SherriLynn - I did not understand the question to begin with concerned pillar candles. Now with the pillar candles I do poke relief holds. I poke holes on all of my pillar candles - paraffin and palm alike. My container - jar candles I do not have to poke relief holes. I wouldn't trust a pillar candle if I didn't poke holes in them. Votives I don't - never needed to and that includes the palm feather palm. Hope this clears up the question previously asked.

Becky - your question was about the container palm and not the pillar palm - again - I hope this will help you. Always with pillars you need to poke relief holes.

Do you think that if you add a little soy to it, that there would be no need for relief holes? Anyone try that yet?:confused:

I mixed soy with CW's Palm and still got large air pockets. I am still getting small pockets with the CandleScience palm, small enough that I'm not concerned about a re-pour in most circumstances. I sent an email to CS support asking if I could mix soy with their Palm and the response I got was "I don't recommend it". But with no explanation. I'm going to try it anyways, my hope is that adding some soy will give me a bigger and deeper melt pool.