c3 vs ky125

I was wondering if anyone had used both the ky125 & the c3. How do they compare? Is the c3 better than the ky125? I know I should just sample the c3, & that's what I intend to do, but with so many 10# bags of wax laying around, I thought I'd throw out the question. I've been using the ky125 for a long time, but now the shipping is a killer. Thanks in advance.

PamR

Well I have only used C-3 as I bought a 50 lb box of it to start my playing with. Don't think I will do that again. Thats me though jumping in all the way even though I cant yet swim.

As for the C-3 I am just starting out and havent tried anything else, but my first pour seemed really good, strong cold scent, with pretty much only slight frosting on top.

My other test pours though have all pretty much been disappointing. But I chalked that up to just starting. I assumed this would be like juggling, where as I didnt just pick up 3 balls and magically was able to keep them in the air.

I have used C-3 since it came out but I have discovered, with working with it, the realities of this wax for best results.

For smooth tops, it's best to use two pours instead of one, allowing it to fully harden before the second pour.

I have had the best results when poured HOT! Others have had different experinaces. I add other waxes to the C-3 to get my "special wax" but I have also used it straight and I won't switch because I can get it locally and an excellent price.

Fire