Anyone want some soap faeries?

RobinInOR

Please?:mad:

Yesterday I thought I had really nailed my grapefruit, and my energy - awesome swirl, just the right consistency. Piled high with towels. Open it up to cut today, ash. Lots of ash. Can't even see the swirl ash. Chalk ash.

What I should have done was

:tiptoe: away from soaping this weekend.

But no, I had to try something new. A 1/2 log of graham cracker FO. Stuck in the little dam that divides my mold in 2. Everythings going pretty good, pour, turn to put the pot down, turn back to the mold. The dam wasn't tight enough and it's at a 45 degree angle w/ soap seeping underneath.

Grab it, put it back in place, spoon the soap that's on the wrong side back on top of the log, hold the dam in place til it stops leaking.....

And of course I was a bad girl and didn't have my gloves on. I don't have fingerprints anymore. :rolleyes2

At least I had success with bubble bombs - rock hard :yay:

Anyone else have the soap faeries lately?

Uhmm yeah..they were here too~ I posted soap in the gallery that was SUPPOSED to be a lot bigger batch...when I poured it into my lovely homemade mold it leaked too..every freakin where. ALL over the counter, down the counter, onto the cupboard..yeah. So..the picture is what I salvaged by quickly pouring it into molds that I had out for the next batch.

What I need to do is get a real slab mold..and a log mold, and quit it with my "I'm sooooo saving money doing this" technique. BLAH!

On the bright side for you Robin..you could rob a bank now without gloves I suppose LOL! Damn Faeries.

Yup, yesterday was my day of doom too, exploding bath bombs, soap that siezed while mixing in color for a swirl (2 different containers) and then in the pot as well and a seeping FO. Ugh, makes me not even want to try again today.

And I am trying to get my site up and running and getting a major headache. I think it is time to relax in the tub and not worry anymore..

Hugs!

Amanda

And of course I was a bad girl and didn't have my gloves on. I don't have fingerprints anymore. :rolleyes2

Once apon a time there was a really wise soaper. She got on me for not wearing my gloves when I had soap go all over the place. Gee, I wonder who that soaper could be? ;)

Don't feel bad Robin. I don't know what went wrong, but I have a batch of patch that hasn't gotten hard enough to cut in 3 days.