Presto Pot...

Halleluja Feffanoose! Another Dazey lover.

For a while there I felt like the Lone Ranger.

Honestly guys, there is no comparison. The only negative is you'll have to put the spigot in yourself-no one is selling them that way to my knowledge.

Fredron

What's really funny is that my DH and I were arguing over which 1 I could have, I bought the presto at Walmart and he bought the Dazey at BJ's I wanted the Presto initially cuz I never heard anyone mention the Dazey, didnt know if it would work right...lol. Well I lost the battle and he got his darling Presto and I thought "this probably wont be right" Well, haha to him cuz his cord keeps falling out and mine is PERFECT. neener, neener, neener:p I know I'm real mature...lol

Jen

I just got my replacement Presto from Amazon today. I will try it tomorrow with just water and check the temperature. I don't like the magnet connection because it comes apart so easily. But....tomorrow I will judge it again.....I want a small pot for just a couple of candles....because I don't have the room I did in Virginia....I had room for several 30 pound Wecks....just not enough electricity :D .......tripped the circuit breaker all of the time. Donita Louise

I'm sure you can void the warranty (once you're sure this one works) and find a way to permanently attache the cord to the temp controller. I wouldn't want to do it if you have kids around that could pull the unit off a counter.

Good luck!

Tony

I have taped the cord to the control on the one Presto I have, using plastic electrical tape. Using the tape won't damage the unit and won't void the warranty. It works, but I'm glad I don't use the Presto much. If I can find another Dazey at a yard sale, sometime, I'll trash the Presto.

Fredron

Well the verdict is in.

NICE POT!

First off, it melts VERY quickly.

Second, it is a BREEZE to clean. However, I'll need to STOP using a metal ladle.

Third, CHEAP

REMEMBER!!!! That element on the bottom gets HOT, place this thing on some concrete board, or something to protect yourself, furniture, and life.

:) Enjoy.

(Donita, This thing is really nice. She'll melt 8lbs of material -- leaving 1" of space from top.) -- I think I'm going to get a couple of Werns next. I was able to score them for $200 so it shouldn't be too bad.)

I don't know why anyone wants to put on a spigot. I use a plastic measuring cup....the 2 cup kind. Not clear plastic because they melt, but the soft frosted looking ones. I had a spigot on my honey melter and it just got clogged with cold wax. I think that it held about 50 lbs of wax. The Weck holds 30 and I use the measuring cup. Taking out 2 cups at a time is quick....a ladle is not good for me. The cups have a pour spout too. I have used them for years. When the Weck is full I also use the 1/2 gallon plastic pitchers.....again....the kind that are soft and don't melt. I have about a dozen of them. I scoop it out and pour it into the aluminum pitcher....then add any extra chemicals, color, scent. Just my thoughts. Donita Louise

Donita,

Yeah... I'm on the fence about the spout for this application... they little guys only hold 8Lbs of wax... that's like 1.5 kettles. Hehe.

Only the 150# the spout is a must. I'm not bending down into that tank!...

I'm about ready to go get 4 more of these. I have to say, they really are great.

The down-side is I have a small 150 piece votive job, I'm on my 3 pot. Kinda silly -- but I want to see how well it runs.

Right now the t-stat isn't that that that accurate, but it seems pretty good.

I am actually starting to like the magnet!!! Reason? I can just pull the magnet and I know it isn't getting power.

We'll see... I'm gonna start a new thread about something relative...

Pete

NO......I still haven't opened the box.....too busy. That is really sad. I love to open boxes of stuff. I also have a large box in the entry hall with molds from Nu Scents. Forgot what I even ordered. Donita Louise

I also have a large box in the entry hall with molds from Nu Scents. Forgot what I even ordered. Donita Louise

Oh, that's the best way to open a delivery - after you've forgotten what you ordered. It's like getting a Christmas present form the UPS man! :grin2:

Oh, that's the best way to open a delivery - after you've forgotten what you ordered. It's like getting a Christmas present form the UPS man! :grin2:

You are right. I don't even remember paying for them so it will be a present!:wink2: Donita Louise