Plastic canvas Tealight wick centering...

Thanks gals,

Yolanda, I'm not sure of the size, the wick slips right through with no problem. Actually, I didn't realize there were different sizes!!! LOL

I cut out 11 squares to a strip and put the wick in the center one.

Stella, look behind stuff, like the stuff against the wall, I store mine behind boxes against the wall to keep it straight. Good luck, if you can't find it, WM carries it for pennies a sheet! Not having to fight the wick in a tealight is priceless!!!!!!!!!

I have used plastic canvas for alot of wood working "centering". *smacks self in forehead* for not thinking of using it for wicks.

I have several of the round plastic canvas pieces, I bet they would be perfect to cover the jars and for once be able to actually keep it in the center.

Thanks for sharing!!!!! :D

I have used plastic canvas for alot of wood working "centering". *smacks self in forehead* for not thinking of using it for wicks.

I have several of the round plastic canvas pieces, I bet they would be perfect to cover the jars and for once be able to actually keep it in the center.

Thanks for sharing!!!!! :D

I use the round ones sometimes for the containers also, it works great if you put a "ring" of hot glue on the circle the same size as your jar to grip the edge. The center is not big enough for the wick but if you take a skewer and enlarge the hole it's perfect! I also made templates for my square jars & the heart jars, works like a charm! The only reason I came up with all of this is because I'm lazy and it makes it easier! LOL

Would it actually be sturdy enough to keep the wick taught in a container or pillar?

For the containers I use clothspins or chip clips to hold the wick tighter. Works pretty good, this picture is from the first thread I started about the plastic canvas......I have learned sooooo much on this forum, just want to "give back" to try to make someone's life a little easier.

47b7dc29b3127cce81210a7b53ac00000016100QaNmLVuxasU