Patch fans

Scented

OK I tried way too many new things in this and it will likely show, but according to Karol I have to wait three days minimum to remove the soap. My fingers are crossed it works, since this is for the patchouli swap. It's a new recipe, new mold, new utensils via a gift from MA (they worked fabo!), part new color (not sure I like what the SS orange is doing (going way lighter than a blood orange color that's for sure) and I tried the squeeze bottle just on top though and well ... my lack of patience shows, but this was fairly easy and I would love to make it work in a more creative way. Outside of that, I feel totally new at doing this since I've not soaped in 4 months.

[ATTACH]11250[/ATTACH]

post-23-139458425026_thumb.jpg

It looks like a yummilicious log of orange chocolate fudge! :drool:

You know I hate Patchouli, but this one sounds interesting.

Love the texture on the top, and Karol is right on with leaving the soap in the mold. I learned this early in my soaping adventures, it makes a world of different IMO when you go to slice it. Great work!

Looks delish - good enough to lick :) So, you need to wait at least 3 days before unmolding? I missed that story. How is it better? The last time I waited to unmold I couldn't even cut it properly without it breaking off at the bottom of each slice although I think that was because I had sodium lactate in that batch. I don't know if i'd be patient enough to wait 3 days :undecided

Actually... it looks rather like marble cake with some chocolate syrup drizzled on top. Yum! :D

OOOOOhhh Oh Oh! Actually that sounds really good lol!

Thanks for the comments. That orange is way lighter now, sniff, sniff.

Well Morgan it's a brand new mold and though it's oiled with mineral oil I hear if I try to remove the sides for three days it will screw them up. When I bought the mold I should have been using it instead of staring at it's beauty lol. Till it's seasoned I guess soap needs to stay in it for three days.

Yeah it might kill me to have to wait that long to cut it, but I am not that great at swirling and may have played too long in this one. I know I played too long on the love spell one, which I may wait a day to cut.