OOB smell

bac

I'm guilty of that if it smells awful I wont even try it, my allergies couldn't take it. I hate the fo's that trick you, it will smell awesome oob then you pour it and you want to gag. Even opening the windows won't get it out it just lingers around lol.

oob = Out of Bottle. I've almost missed some really great scents by dismissing them OOB. I hate Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies OOB and decided to give it a chance. I have Tin Star from Wildfire and I can't get past the OOB scent, but I'm told that it's a great scent.

I've been playing with my soy/para mix and just using up extra FOs that I'm not to crazy about oob. Problem is, I didn't write down what I used and everyone including myself loves this scent burning. I've been sniffing everything trying to find it, but so far can't pinpoint it. So now to start going one by one through the basement cache. It is sort of "vanillaey" with something else. Talk about candle nose. lol. Beth

I fortunately have a tester who will fire up absolutely anything I pour. So far just doing jelly jars for testers with 5oz wax and .5oz FO.

I just use a Sharpie permanent marker on the bottom with the FO and wick size. When she returns them I can see how clean the sides are and the depth of the pool. And, since I know the start level in the jar, I can tell how much or little she liked it by the amount remaining in the jar! ;)