Some New Containers

Seems weird listing on the candle gallery because I mostly pour soaps, however I spend my whole summer trying to find vintage containers for my candles and I finally am getting some of these poured...criticism always welcome but remember I'm menopausal...lol

Vintage Sheep~April Scent Downy Wax

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/rainbowtourist/100_1950.jpg

Vintage Bailey's Irish Cream Mugs ~ Bailey's Wax

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/rainbowtourist/100_1949.jpg

Well the sheep isn't exactly my taste..it's a 1950's piece that I picked up at the flea market...sometimes I'll go to the flea market thinking "what scents do I need to get rid of?" lol...I hate all clean cotton, cotton blossom and downy scents...they bother me when I pour them..but I thought if I found some cute pieces that maybe I could kill two birds with one stone...I have several tubs just overflowing with flea market finds and the flea market will be opening up pretty soon here so I need to show hubby I actually have a purpose to my buying..lol...lotsa stuff going to be filled this week...I forgot how much I missed pouring candles..

These are for sale right? How do you test them? I mean they are one of kind containers, so do you burn them first, then refill them?

I'd be afraid that b/c the sheep is old that it may break from the heat?

Those Baileys cups are still made and sold at Christmas time-my MIL loves her Baileys and we got her that gift pack last year. ;)

I've wanted to make candles in old tea cups, but have always been afraid b/c you just never know how they will hold up.

I hope I remember all of the questions...yes the bailey's cup is still made however the first year they were made are numbered 1-100...my cups are # 86 and 87..that would make them about 30 years old so I consider that vintage. I also have a newer set of the bailey's mugs that I've kept for myself..there are subtle differences between the older ones and the modern ones.

The sheep's diameter is about the same diameter of a bowl that I had..instead of triple wicking the sheep I only used 2 wicks so as not to overheat...I'm not at all worried about this piece breaking..of course the world is imperfect but this ceramic is very heavy..I would rather use this vintage piece than a crock from Dollar Tree...it's a substantial weight.

I make teacups all of the time...I use bone china...even though it looks and feels very fragile..I've never had one crack from the heat..I've purchased some bowls from walmart that have gotten so hot they've cracked while the candle was burning but teacups never. Since I don't grubbie my bone china I use votive wicks and only single wick..I anchor all of my wicks with wick tabs...some people anchor their wicks by pouring about an inch of wax in letting it cool and they consider the wicks anchored..There's one particular seller on ebay that will take a small bowl, put 6 wicks in it and not anchor the wicks...she's a power seller...Because a lot of my containers are vintage the only way I can test burn them is to pour them first for me...if I'm ever in doubt I will do that.