Business name?

becky0404

my biz is a partnership we took the first part of my dd's first name and her dd's middle name and got leolily added an s and played around with the rest until we got handmade luxuries. (it was gonna be leolilys little luxuries but to much of a tongue twister)

Yes, I think I would really like in incorporate something about my area into my name but I'm not sure. I live in New Hampsire, in a resort/summer vacation area and our main "attraction" here is the lake (Winnipesaukee). However, I'm trying to stay away from the country/prim look and have designed my candles to look more contemporary. Simple and clean lines. So, I don't want a name like "Lake Country Candles" or "Country Woods Candles", etc. KWIM? I'd like something a little more "modern".

Or do you think it's best to not go that route at all? Should I not even incorporate my area attractions at all and make it more of a "generic" name so they will still appeal to people who have never been here? OH....I just don't know!:cry2:

Any advice on this would be MOST welcomed.:grin2:

my biz is a partnership we took the first part of my dd's first name and her dd's middle name and got leolily added an s and played around with the rest until we got handmade luxuries. (it was gonna be leolilys little luxuries but to much of a tongue twister)

That got me laughing, it would have been one heck of a tongue twister, but I bet people would remember! I do like Leolily's--has a nice ring to it.

That got me laughing, it would have been one heck of a tongue twister, but I bet people would remember! I do like Leolily's--has a nice ring to it.

Yuppers it sure is a tongue twister, after saying it fast a few times I felt like I was slurring, lol.:D

lol see it doesn't seem like it at first. and plus i have the tendency to get excited and when i do my mouth can't keep up with my brain and i get all jumbled so trying to tell people like that it was insane.

becky- IMO (and please don't anyone jump on me its just my opinion lol) incorperating state or city names or attraction names is highly overdone. and def not gonna give you the clean lines and modern look your going for. i'd go for something more personal.

You could try taking your favorite place name (White Mountains, Granite State, whatever) and find a foreign language translation like french, latin, to come up with something unique sounding, and not at all prim and country.

You could try taking your favorite place name (White Mountains, Granite State, whatever) and find a foreign language translation like french, latin, to come up with something unique sounding, and not at all prim and country.

That's a really good idea. For instance, Lake Country in French is Pays de Lac. Now I don't recommend that name because the word 'pays' is hard to say for some Americans, but something like that would be neat.

hhhmmm... well I am more on the country/prim side of things but howabout something like Luminary Reflections or Lake Country Luminaries:undecided I know I know for some reason I have Luminary on the brain and if I think any harder this late at night I'm going to have a massive brain fart.:tongue2:

Thank you all so much for helping me brainstorm! I read the other thread about naming a business too and I got a lot of good ideas from there also. I like the "reflections" idea too.

If you come up with any more words with a spin on "lake" or "mountains", etc. don't hesitate to throw them out there at me:D . Thanks!!!!

My grandparents, who raised me while my mom was off doing God-knows-what....had little nicknames for me. My grandpa used to call me "Sally" and my grandma used to call me "Suzy-Q". So I took those two names and made them my biz name....thus, Suzy-Q & Sally Too Originals was born! :D

I found this information very helpful for coming up with a business name. http://www.yudkin.com/generate.htm

They also have a pdf version of this that you can download.

I haven't decided on a name yet myself, but this has been helpful in coming up with some good ideas.... maybe I'll post the ones I came up with, if I ever actually make a final decision!:grin2:

Don't forget to go here too. Do a search to see if the name you came up with is already trademarked.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=tess&state=5d2k67.1.1

HTH

Dawn