Has Anyone Seen These????

What do you mean 3 ingredients? The list is a lot longer than that.

Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Cera Alba, Cetearyl Alcohol, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Zea mays, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Aqua, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butyrospermum parkii, Methylparaben, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Glycyrrhiza glabra, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Cinnamal, Citral, Eugenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Anisyl Alcohol, Farnesol, Amyl Cinnamal, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Isoeugenol, CI 77891.

Here's the link to the actual product:

http://www.thebodyshop.com/bodyshop/browse/product_detail.jsp?productId=prod1440003&categoryId=cat20079

Just curious, I too think these look great! But was wondering, wouldn't it be better to package something that would be in the shower in some kind of plastic? Just wondering as i have these vision of the jar slipping out of someones hand and breaking in the tub. :sad2: lol I know, always looking on the dark side...

I've actually found almost the same jars (except for a clear lid)...the ones I found are pet material with a petg lid and super tight sealing gasket. I got two samples from the company and am toying around the idea of hosting a co-op...they are one state away from me and I think very reasonably prices compare to any others I've found on the web.

I love love love the africa salt scrub. I want that scent!!!!!!!!!

The jar is plastic, it just looks like glass. The salt is very very fine and you can sometimes just barely notice it's there. I have a jar in the shower and 2 extras, just in case.

The salt scrub is $26 USD. It feels wonderful and smells even better. I'd use my own every day but I love that scent.

I am in love with those products and have been looking for a similar scent. The texture and the way they feel are so great. I know I should love my products first, but these are two items I cannot do without. The containers do very well in the shower (I've dropped them a few times).

Here's a couple of places to get them PET bail jars if anyone's interested. I live in Malaysia so conversion + shipping = way expensive for me :( But well, never hurt to share.

US:

http://www.naturesgift.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&itemid=1381

http://www.atrsupplies.com/bailjar.htm (has a 12-jar minimum)

Australia: http://www.aussiesoapsupplies.com.au/Cosmetic-Jars-Tubs-Bail-Jars-Wide-Neck-Body-Butter-Tubs-c-47.html

Guest EMercier

Those jars are actually a very heavy plastic. A friend of mine is a home Body Shop consultant and the products are OK, and the only thing I've purchased are the oils for the burners and the body butter. I've not used the body butter because I've whipped my own shea for a lot less than buying the butter. One day I'll get an emulsified body butter together.

I've actually found almost the same jars (except for a clear lid)...the ones I found are pet material with a petg lid and super tight sealing gasket. I got two samples from the company and am toying around the idea of hosting a co-op...they are one state away from me and I think very reasonably prices compare to any others I've found on the web.

Where did you find the plastic ones???? I have glass ones, but would love to have the plastic ones for in the shower. I also really like the dark lid on these. I've never seen these before.

The place where I found them has a 500 jar minimum, that's why I'm thinking co-op. Price including shipping to me is $2.68 per jar. (as I said, they have clear lids though). My samples are filled with sugar scrub and I've been setting them upside down and on their sides to test for leaking....so far so good. I love these jars!

This isn't the correct thread to post in though so as soon as I get time later today, I'll head over to the co-op section and start a gauging interest thread.

From the picture I can't tell for sure that it's glass. Could be a thick plastic? Anyway for the scrub I'd be worried about the container filling up with water if used in the shower.

The containers are indeed plastic and The Body Shop is REALLY HUGE here in Canada. They have the most beautiful body butters along with all their other products they sell. The lids are different colours for each line of their scrub or butter.

Quick newbie question... what's a co-op exactly? I know the word of course, but I don't really understand the context here.

The Co-op [ Info - Guidelines - Form ] sticky in the co-op section won't let me access it for some reason or the other. (Actually, make that none of the threads.)

I think you must be a member for 30 days? and have a certain number of posts to access the co-op board.

A co-op is when someone agrees to be a hostess for a group buy. Collects the money from everyone who wants the product, places the order with the company and when received, ships the items out to all participants. HTH

Ah-soy... I am interested!!! I will keep checking the co-op board for your post. -- Lady D

Yea me too!! I found a supplier for I think 4oz and 8oz but haven't done much checking into them yet. Waiting to see if this is the same one...and if so I am soooooooo IN! I keep checking to see if the gauging interest has been posted yet......:whistle: