Fixing My Mold

Hi Guys,

I have 2 round aluminum molds that have these things sticking out inside them. I wanna call them spurs or slivers.

When I take out my candle it actually puts a scratch in the candle while coming out. So I have a line going all the way down the candle when it comes out.

What the heck causes this and how can I fix that?

They are right at the very top on the inside....

I thought pliers, but then that might do more damage to my mold.

Or scratch the inside. GRRR more crap to worry about.

I would take some sandpaper, depending on how big the spur is and try to sand it out of there. If this doesn't work and you have Dremel tool with a sanding attachment, it would work great to take that spur off. If no Dremel tool and you have a friendly hardware store around, maybe they would have one and could take it off for you. I have had to take spurs off also, so I know what a pain it is. HTH

Oh, it's just another name for a perfectly round file. I guess because it looks like a large rats tail...lol. I use that mainly because I'm one of those perfectionist types. I like to keep the edge I fixing rounded. The mini one I've also used for wick holes. Like the metal seamed molds. The wick holes in mine weren't large enough for the wick pins to fit through from the outside. Just a soft quick swipe enlarges it just enough for the pin to slip in ;)

Yeah, I like tools! :)