First Unity Pillar

Soul Scents

That is so beautiful!!!! How on earth did you do it - Are the daisies painted on??

Good job, that candle looks fabulous :highfive:

Thanks guys! I was abit stressed trying to make this candle! I attached the daisies (which are small paper cutouts I got from Michaels in the card section) using a sodering pen. I melted a small pool and stuck the daisies in and voila they stuck!!!

I tried spray adhesive first but that didn't work so I got the sodering pen at Canadian Tire for $5! I think it will come in handy for future projects!

I didn't wick this candle...my fiance drilled a hole in the top the size of a tealight. I made her a couple of tealights in the lavendar colour to put in the hole.

Kelly

Kelly

I didn't make it to the retreat..maybe next year

But what did you use to drill the hole?

I have to admit - I learned that trick from a gal named Pat at a Candle Retreat hosted by Village Craft and Candle in Ontario.

It's a great trick especially if you make embedded candles (with florals and such)

Thanks everyone!

Kelly

Kelly

I didn't make it to the retreat..maybe next year

But what did you use to drill the hole?

OK - I am going to sound like a total knob because I am tool challenged but it is a bit you attach to a drill and the bit is for making holes...so maybe it's call a hole bit :rolleyes2 Dunno

Kelly

I've used sticky wax to stick things to candles. Most wax suppliers carry it. You need such a tiny bit. with the paper, you would probably have to spread it on very thinly, but I'm sure it would work.

Great idea Dee! That would work - especially for the larger pieces!

Kelly