Needing help in Montana

Yes, I just posted a few minutes ago....introducing myself to this forum. Now, I'm already asking a question!! :) I'm totally new at this candle making thing. I've spent quite a few hours these last couple of days browsing around on the computer....learning and trying to find a place to get my candle making supplies from. I'm hoping that I can try and sell a few, so I'm looking to get started in a small way so that I can test a few things out. Then, I could start ordering in slightly larger quantities (i.e. 50# wax). My only dilemma is my location compared to all of the suppliers out there. I'm from Southwestern Montana, and the shipping prices have been unbelievable! I'm not sure what to do and how to make this new candle making adventure somewhat profitable, with the price it costs to get supplies here. Any suggestions? Thank You!!

Welcome to the forums, it's a great place to get info. Have you checked out Peaks? They are in Colorado so not too far away. I get most of my FO's from them and they are GREAT. I feel your pain with the shipping thing, I live in west central Minnesota and there isn't much as far as suppliers that are close to me either. I do get my soy wax from someone in state. Google Waxhouse/Scentmasters and see what they would charge for shipping since we are only a few states away.

Thank you, thank you! I was able to check out a lot of those sites. The only one I have left to take a look at is the wax supplier in Minnesota. I appreciate the help! I'll keep you updated.....

Hi Jamers,

I'm new to the forum too. I understand about shipping. I don't know if this will help or not but have you tried Cajun Candle in Louisiana? Their items are great and they offer a lot of help.

Brenny

Hi Jamers,

I'm new to the forum too. I understand about shipping. I don't know if this will help or not but have you tried Cajun Candle in Louisiana? Their items are great and they offer a lot of help.

Brenny

They may be of great help but they are located in south Louisiana, on the Gulf Cost. That is further away than most of the suppliers in Texas. Shipping has got to very expensive from way down there.

Thanks for that information. I did google the supplier you told me about. I ended up choosing Peak Candles. I have to start somewhere. They look like a good place to start, it's fairly close to Montana, it has good shipping prices, and I've heard good things about them. :)

I apologize for the confusion in the above two responses. I was trying to respond to a couple of suggestions above them, and I obviously did something wrong, as they're in the wrong spot! Oops!