Wal Mart Discontinuing Glass???

I took a trip up the Californian coast to visit my mother this past weekend, and I stopped at four different Wal Marts on the way. My local Wal Mart has always been really bad about restocking the glass I use for containers. Well, most of the Wal Marts were out! I only found my glass at one, and I bought all they had. I was lucky because it was on sale, but I'm afraid that means they are going to discontinue it...

I use the Anchor Hocking votive holders, and the Libbey. I don't remember which company makes which one, but I've used the beehives, roly polys, hurricane, and oysters.

Are the rest of you able to still get small glass at Wal Mart? Where else are you going to obtain your glass? BTW, I'm in Southern California. Ventura County to be specific.

Thanks!

Krystal

It's still for sale here in Colorado. I perused them a few days ago. There were about 6 kinds on red tag clearance, but there was also several other styles that were full price. Maybe they are discontinuing those and based on the size of those Wal-Marts, don't have the others to replace them yet?

My local Walmarts are discontinuing the fabrics for sure. I don't know if the entire craft department is going yet or not. My DIL is works for Walmart mangement I will have to get the scoop from her. I hope the don't discontinue the glass line. :mad:

Don't worry, they are in transitions for April. If you watch it happens twice a year. April and October. Both months are getting ready for the next seasons. My old babysitter was famous for going there during these times and cleaning up on all sorts of items. I worked there in the shoe department and the same thing happens there too.

April, they are getting rid of winter stock and last year's old stock to make way for the new summer stock based on trends. What isn't trendy or selling for last year, will go on clearance, to make way for new items that are selling.

My WalMart hasn't had the large oyster cups since late last fall. I kept going back and checking, but now there isn't even a "shelf tag" for them, so they're gone for sure. That was my favorite holder for the Dixie cup votives; guess I'll have to go with the flower pot holders now. Don't like those nearly as well; they're a little too "cutesy" for me.

Our Supercenter is undergoing a major renovation; different areas of the store are partitioned off for the revamping. Someone who works there told me that we are losing our fabrics, too:undecided Not that I sew really, but I do need fabrics occasionally. Now I'll have to drive over 20 miles to get to a fabric store. Before our Supercenter was built, we just had a regular store. I was so excited, because I though the craft section would increase in proportion to the size of the new store. Wrong! The craft section in this Supercenter has never been as good as in the old store, and it's shrinking all the time. They just built a Target shopping center about 14 miles from me, and that has a Michael's in it, so guess I'll be going there more often now.

I was just at Walmart yesterday & I happened to come down that glassware aisle; I also get my Flower Pot votives there; didnt see any - but I did get LOTS of the little tiny flowers for .25 cents a bunch! I went & asked the lady at the fabric on them if they were going out & she said they do this once a yr. about this time to get rid of stuff as they may have a 'different' label or something. So, I"m hoping thats all it is too. Why cant they let everyone know!! I'm glad I 'stumbled' on those flowers at that price!!

~Carlena~

www.carlenascreations.com

My local Walmarts are discontinuing the fabrics for sure. I don't know if the entire craft department is going yet or not. My DIL is works for Walmart mangement I will have to get the scoop from her. I hope the don't discontinue the glass line. :mad:

my walmart is supposedly too the woman there said they keep saying they are but then they keep getting more and more fabric in. the walmart 1 town over is getting rid of their as soon as the new walmart in the next town over from that is built its nuts

Went to my Walmart yesterday, and all the status jars (which I love and use) are gone, as well as the flowerpot jars. The tag is even gone, so I'm guessing they are gone for good. Big Bummer!