solar salt sachets, pricing?

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone could give me and idea of what to price the sachets that are made with the solar salt. I tried them over the weekend and really love how they turned out, I just have no clue what to price them at? Hubby has one in his car and loves that hes not stuck with the grocery store trees!

TIA

Kristy

I was wondering the same thing. I made two batches last night. Did you use anything with the solar salt? How did you color yours? I used food coloring. I made one and added Perlite, and made the other with perlite and dendritic salt. I think I will try it tonight with just the solar salt. I put them in muslin drawstring bags. My camera died or I would post a pic.

For now I just used the solar salt by itself, Im looking for dendritic salt but Im guessing it's something I need to order from online. Although there is a FO enhancer that you use in equal parts to your Fo so I may try that this week. Hubby said he'd let me know how long the one hes using lasts. I used one drop of candle dye to color his but I found that alot of the FO's have some color and look ok by themselves especially if Im using them in royal blue sachet bags. Going to experiment further with colors :)

I sell mine for $3.95 for 1oz of salt rock in the sachet bags...but it all depends on your market and how much people in your area are willing to pay for them. Most in my area don't even blink at that price, especially if they've tried one already. They last much longer than the cardboard ones you get in the stores for $1. HTH

For now I just used the solar salt by itself, Im looking for dendritic salt but Im guessing it's something I need to order from online. Although there is a FO enhancer that you use in equal parts to your Fo so I may try that this week. Hubby said he'd let me know how long the one hes using lasts. I used one drop of candle dye to color his but I found that alot of the FO's have some color and look ok by themselves especially if Im using them in royal blue sachet bags. Going to experiment further with colors :)

I got my dendritic salt from BC but not sure if I will use it because when I put the salts in the bag the dendritic salt sprinkled out some from the bottom of the bag. I will see if it still does it tomorrow.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q261/Juggy_album/Jerolynspictures125.jpg

Finally got my camera working. The 1st jar is solar salt, dendritic salt & perlite with 3 drops blue foot coloring; 2nd one I rinsed the solar salt first then added perlite and 5 drops red foot coloring; the last one is just solar salt and 3 drops green food coloring. I will post later one when I see how they hold up. Do you think it looks better with or w/o the perlite?

Oops, I mean food not foot coloring!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q261/Juggy_album/Jerolynspictures125.jpg

Finally got my camera working. The 1st jar is solar salt, dendritic salt & perlite with 3 drops blue foot coloring; 2nd one I rinsed the solar salt first then added perlite and 5 drops red foot coloring; the last one is just solar salt and 3 drops green food coloring. I will post later one when I see how they hold up. Do you think it looks better with or w/o the perlite?

Oops, I mean food not foot coloring!

I like the 3rd one best.

I'll be watching for your posts on how they held up.

I def. like the third one best! Im anxious to see how long mine lasts for hubby. I put just about 2 ounces in the sachet bag because one didnt seem like alot?I'll have to see if thats over kill LOL

Thanks for the pricing info, I'll have to see what works here for my area but at least it's something to start with :) I was thinking of doing them without the color because the bags themselves are colored, but I do like the look of the colored salt. Hmm to color or not to color that is the question! :D

Interesting! As compared to aroma beads how do they work? Last longer? Absorb fo well? What are all of the uses? Just curious cause I just ordered another 10 lbs of aroma beads!

I've never used aroma beads so can't compare. I'll have to wait and see how long the scent lasts. About 6 weeks ago, I made a batch using 1 cup each of solar salt, vermiculite (got the wrong kind though, it was too fine) and perlite. It still smells super strong. I can't put it in bags cause it is way too fine but I have been putting it in small envelopes and placing around the house.

Interesting! As compared to aroma beads how do they work? Last longer? Absorb fo well? What are all of the uses? Just curious cause I just ordered another 10 lbs of aroma beads!

I made a huge batch of solar salt scented with Pink Pepperberry (remember this from Backwoods). So far I really like the salt. I hear it lasts quite a while. I colored this batch with dark pink Mica, also used dendritic in the mix to hold the FO. When I was through, I added gold mica to give it more shimmer. I'm not putting mine in sachet bags, I'm going to put them in clear bags and sell as room fresheners. I too ordered the aroma beads. They should be here any day so I can't compare yet either.

I tested 100% rock salt and it smelled strong at first but didn't last 3 days in the car.

I saw Yesterday's News Litter (100% recycled newspaper pellets) on another candle site and got to try it and see how it works.

Here is a link about the product, not the link about using it as an air freshener. http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441808603&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302047882&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023695&bmUID=1175703128678&itemNo=12&Ntt=litter&In=All&previousText=litter&N=2

post-219-139458423382_thumb.jpg

Candle Man,

I'm interested to know how much FO you used with the rock salt and how long you left to dry, as I use only 100% Solar Salt Rock for my sachets (car fresheners) and they last anywhere from 3-6 weeks. Just curious :)

Thanks,

Demenshia

Candle Man,

I'm interested to know how much FO you used with the rock salt and how long you left to dry, as I use only 100% Solar Salt Rock for my sachets (car fresheners) and they last anywhere from 3-6 weeks. Just curious :) Thanks,Demenshia

I only used a small amount of FO, maybe 1-2ML per 1/4LB rock salt, of course the salt will not soak up much FO and takes a long time to dry. Maybe the solar salt is some how different than rock salt, in that it will soak up more FO.

That's possible. I was just curious. It is weird how different people can use the same recipe and get different results though. What works for one doesn't work for others sometimes hehe. I have some regular salt rock from a grocery store to make homemade icecream but never got around to trying it. Might do that later on my days off and see how it goes. :)

That's possible. I was just curious. It is weird how different people can use the same recipe and get different results though. What works for one doesn't work for others sometimes hehe. I have some regular salt rock from a grocery store to make homemade icecream but never got around to trying it. Might do that later on my days off and see how it goes. :)

Hi Demenshia,

I would be interested in the result if you try this.

Silvana

I tried the same mortons solar salt with only 1 gram of FO per pound of solar salt that your recipe had and hubby gave it a test drive in the car, scent only lasted 3 days. So I bought a FO extender at C&S to see if it will help. Not sure why thay arent lasting as long as yours, I used a strong FO that usualy stinks me out of the house. I let them dry on a cookie sheet too.. so Im trying a different tactic, I used some aroma beads as well, put I tablespoon of those along with a pound of solar salt and 2 grams of FO and the FOE. That way the aroma beads absorb the excess FO and it's smells alot stronger. Hubby is ging to test drive the new one and see how long it lasts.

I put 2 tsp fo pp of solar salt and it's been several days, still smells strong. I'm trying out packaging it in cello bag, folding over and stapling card to it. The batch I made w/ solar salt, perlite and dendritic salt is losing its scent, have it hanging in a closet. I'm going to hang one in the car and see how it does. How is everyone else's doing?

I made mine this past Monday. Still doing fine. I have mine in a crystal dish. I did use dendritic. I don't plan on offering these as car fresheners so I'm not going to test them out for that purpose.

How much fo and dendritic did you use pp? I just noticed my last post was in error-I used 2 grams not 2 tsp.

First, I measured out 1lb of solar salt. I colored it and stirred well. I use powders and mica's to color, not liquid. Then I sprinkled 1TBS of dendritic over the colored salt and mixed thoroughly. Added 1 tsp. of FO. Mixed thoroughly. Added 2nd TBS of dendritic, stirred thoroughly, then added 2nd. tsp of FO, stirred thoroughly.