My Latest Projects, Not Soap

Changed my labels for my bottles, using clear labels with Krylon sprayed to make them waterproof, that really does work! I have also been doing a few limited edition Swarovski crystallized perfume bottles. Each one is one of a kind.

100_8955.jpg

I only do these late at night after the kiddies are in bed, otherwise I would have tiny crystals everywhere! I have been making these now for a few years, love this kind of art.

100_8641.jpg

Very nice! Very professional looking and the crystals are a very unusual touch. You are very artistic! Do you use a laser printer for your labels? My labels need work but I only have an ink jet printer. I may need to invest in a laser printer at some point!

I've got a question. Which kind of Krylon do you use? And where do you get it? And how do you use it...do you just spray it on, without worrying where it gets? I really prefer clear labels and would like to make them waterproof somehow.

Christina

Thank you so much for taking a look!

1. I use an inkjet printer, I would love a laser printer but for now I just stick to fonts that print clean with my inkjet.

2. The Krylon I use is called RUST-OLEUM LACQUER High Lustre Coating, I got it at Home Depot. What I do is take 2 pieces of paper, cover the label so that the only part that is exposed is the label(s) I want to spray, do a quick push of the trigger and thats it. It dries in 15 minutes, and you cant smell it on the label either. Its pretty hardcore too.

3. I got the pumps at Scent Works:DI think they are called Laguna pumps.

2. The Krylon I use is called RUST-OLEUM LACQUER High Lustre Coating, I got it at Home Depot. What I do is take 2 pieces of paper, cover the label so that the only part that is exposed is the label(s) I want to spray, do a quick push of the trigger and thats it. It dries in 15 minutes, and you cant smell it on the label either. Its pretty hardcore too.

I have a dumb questions. Do you spray the labels before you put them on the container or do you spray them after you put them on the container?

I have a dumb questions. Do you spray the labels before you put them on the container or do you spray them after you put them on the container?

Before, while they are still on the label sheet. I wait 30 minutes to make sure they are dry, otherwise fingerprints will be on the label.

PS, thanks:)

Before, while they are still on the label sheet. I wait 30 minutes to make sure they are dry, otherwise fingerprints will be on the label.

PS, thanks:)

Thank you! That is what I thought but I figured if I assumed anything I would mess this up. I am going to try this so I can waterproof all my labels! Thank you for sharing this information, I really appreciate it! :grin2: