Jumping into the pool! First Candle, and it's a pillar!

131464.jpg

Okay, after looking around for a bit, I've decided to take the plunge. This is my first candle, completed just this evening. It has a Honeysuckle scent and colored using light gold. This little (3 inch X 4 1/2 inch) puppy took me four pours to complete! Perhaps I should have let it cool longer before the second pour? (wry grin)

I think I have it upside down (?), but I already cut the wick off the other end. Overall, I think it turned out well enough to build a future upon.

I've seen some other "Firsts" on this board. I'm looking forward to becoming that good!

Not a bad first at all. Very nice job. I'm sure it smells wonderful and now you get to test burn it.

Yes you should have let it cool alot more. I've had to do 2 repours because I was impatient but never 4 lol but hey that's how we learn and yes that is your bottom and believe it or not I did the same thing.

Some of them went ummmmmmmmm I think your top is your bottom lol

Keep at it it gets alot easier with each one you make. :)

Eh, don't worry about having it "upside down". Especially since this is a first and just for you. The test results will be the same, so it's not a problem. Honestly, if I'm making a pillar just for me, that's how I burn them anyway, then I don't have to worry about leveling it. because the top (now the bottom) is pretty much level when it comes out of the mold. :)

Anyway, nice looking first.

131464.jpg

! Perhaps I should have let it cool longer before the second pour? (wry grin)

I!

I pour the second pour when the mold feels room temp or almost cool. On your second pour fill the hole and a little more. When that is cool to touch, cut off your wick and do the third pour to level your bottom. That is how I do it anyway, and as long as the mold is on a level surface your bottom will be smooth.

Thanks everyone. It IS fun and I'm a Curious George, always like to experiment. It burns well, a good even pool all around. Today I made a set in Cinnamon, (pillar, votives, container), played with the additives and recorded the reuslts. Lots to learn and do!