Plan 2 when your favorite supplier is backordered

Brooke

Ok,

I don't know if this is possible or not but lets try :highfive:

I know that in the mist of the busy season your favorite fragrances supplier may be backorderd.

So I am thinking :rolleyes2 Has anyone been happy with another supplier for the same fragrance. ( comparable)

What I am trying to say

If Peaks is your main supplier for say Green Tea and it is on back order.

and you have to have it

Do you have a comparable supplier? Maybe not in price or shipping location by to get you through the busy order time until Peaks has restocked.

Just a thought.

Brooke

Depends on when the stock is coming in. There are some scents that I just won't get from another supplier. In the case of some items that are badly needed because of poor planning on my part, sometimes I do have to look elsewhere to get enough to get me by. For instance, Peaks is really good about responding when something is out of stock and when the anticipated arrival of new stock is expected. Many of the suppliers I deal with are pretty good about that. Those that don't respond, I take it as they don't really want my business and do not have the time to devote to an inquiry. Why should I devote my money to them.

Well, naturally if I were to order from another supplier I would have to re-test that FO again in my wax. Which is a bummer. But... is sometimes worth it. However, a Green Tea from Peak may not be the same as a Green Tea from BCN. There can be a big difference in some FOs.

However there are some that smell nearly identical. Hard thing is knowing that before you get it. So, it isn't just a matter of testing them it is a matter of having that consistancy when it comes to customers, too.

That said, I did switch Gardenia FOs once because of a similar reason, retested and you could not tell the difference between the two. That was a good swap out.

Usually I would just wait until that scent is back in stock. Because I don't have a fixed list of scents that are promised to be always available. When someone is looking for something to buy, they would just pick from what is available in my catalog. I seldom have people asking for something specific.