I need a new printer!

Myquie

I need a new printer and I'm completely lost! I bought the Epson cx4600 based on all the raves on the waterproof ink. It did work great till the heads clogged. Least I think that's whats wrong with it. I'm just sick of messing with it and I've decided to just get a new printer. Any suggestions? What should I get? What should I avoid? I'm looking at color inkjets since I don't think I can afford a laser now.

TIA

~Michelle~

I've been very happy with my HP. It's one of those printer/scanner/copier combos. There are several models to choose from, depending on how much you want to spend. One advantage to HP printers is that the print head is in the cartridge, which means each time you replace a cartridge you're also getting a new print head.

My printer also has slots to read from four different types of memory cards. I use it to transfer my photos to my PC.

I posted the same question on another board and HP has been the most popular answer. I just can't decide which model to get. The more I look, the more confused I am. I'm very indecisive. And reading reviews is not helping me at all!

~Michelle~

Here's another vote for the HP. I've tried several different printers and they are definitely the best. I haven't found another brand that could beat their print quality.

One thing I have learned is do not buy one of the low end ones (69.95 and under). They are basically disposable printers and won't last very long. Occasionally you'll get lucky though - I had one that lasted 2 years while most of that model died within 3 - 4 months. :)

The best ones I've used have been in the $100 - $200 range. Right now I think I've got the same one Mona has. :) I've got the HP PSC 1350v All-in-One.

Now the downside...HP does have "feeding" problems sometimes. I've never owned one yet that wouldn't get a wild hair and completely misfeed everything you sent through it. It usually only does this when you're almost out of labels and can't afford to mess any up. :rolleyes2 As long as you keep a good supply of labels, you'll be fine. :D

HTH

Rusty, have you figured out how to work around the HP feeding problem. We just got a HP1315 all in one and I have yet to get a label to feed properly. Tried it with 0 to 20 sheets of paper in the tray with no luck. Had an old HP 842 and never had a feed problem. At my wits end!

Rusty, have you figured out how to work around the HP feeding problem. We just got a HP1315 all in one and I have yet to get a label to feed properly. Tried it with 0 to 20 sheets of paper in the tray with no luck. Had an old HP 842 and never had a feed problem. At my wits end!

Sharyl - I had a 1315 before I got this 1350 and I never could get it to feed right. I don't know if that particular model has trouble or I just got a bad one. I called HP tech support and we tried everything. I worked with it for two days trying to get it to print right and then I returned it to the store. That's when I decided to get the 1350. This one has been pretty good except when I'm running low on labels. :)

I try to use that canned air and blow all the dog hairs and dust out of mine at least once a week. That seems to help too. :D

I have had a HP 2210 all in one for at least 2 years now. I love mine. I have no problems with it. I am currently looking at a different type of printer to use for waterproof labels. A member on the boards here suggested XYRON. I am checking into it. It is supposed to be great for labels and other things.

GOod luck to you.