Your opinion on J223

:P hi there

Well I am going to go and hangup on the all soy candle..I am in disgust:cry2: ..I was reading really good things about the J223...How is the scent throw?..This is the problem I had with soy..I was thinking of mixing the 2 together..but I am not sure just yet...I would appreciate all your opinions on this...Thank you..you are all a great group of members here!!:wink2:

I always find it a bit weird to concoct a blend of 2 preformulated waxes that were designed to work on their own. I'd start maybe by checking out the IGI 6xxx container waxes, which were designed from the start to be paraveggie container formulations. There are other similar products on the market as well.

It seems a bit more professional to me and you know you're not ending up with nonsensical ingredients in your blend. For instance, there's petrolatum (a crude form of vaseline) in J223 but it might not be necessary if one was designing a paraveggie container wax from the outset, because the vegetable wax is already soft. With a true paraveggie preformulation everything will be in there for a reason.

Was the CBA not throwing well enough for you?

I use Taylored Concepts new 50/50 blend which just came out in August. It has great scent throw cold & hot. It's very good and easy to wick and I'm a beginner. I also use pure soy C-3. The owners are very nice to work with and will help you with your questions. I live close by so I don't have to pay shipping. Their scents are nice too..... Go to www.tayloredconcepts.com

Has anyone else used this wax?

I've always been a big fan of the 223. The hot and cold throw are great but using it on its own I had wet spots big time. I now mix it 50/50 with another wax and the wet spots are minimal. I would say try mixing it, you might love the outcome!

I LOVED J223. The only problem that I had was that it was so far away. It cost me about 80 dollars a case, with shipping. I never mixed it with anything, and it seemed like the longer it sat, the stronger the candle got. I just "embraced" the wet spots. lol. I never had a customer say a word about them.

I'm a J223 fan as well. I think it has excellent hot and cold throw and colors very nicely. I started out using Soy Wax but got so frustrated with coloring it...it would only give you pastels, the frosting that was ever present and the inability to throw certain scents. Then I switched to Joy Wax...which is mostly soy but colored better than the straight soy...it had great scent throw for most scents, but once again, it wouldn't throw every scent. It was also difficult to wick at times...got a fair amount of sooting because of it's greasy consistency...I believe. Then I switched to J223 about 1.5 years ago and liked just about everything about it...aside from the wet spots, which I don't even care about anymore. I personally thinks its a great wax...lot's of others will agree as well...but not everyone.

Yes I was having problems with the scent throw in the soy. I tryed 4 different kinds...although I did hear that ezsoy is good..which I did not try yet....I am going to try the J223 and see how I like it..Thanks alot for all your feedback..It helps out alot.:wink2: