Crowe's Candles

deputy6512

Anyone ever heard of them? They had a HUGE booth at the fair I did this past weekend and they were very busy throughout the two days. They had a big setup with pictures of there warehouse and everything. So it got me thinking about why fairs would let such a large distributor in to a craft show? They had TWO cash registers going and had t-shirts with the logo on them, as well as bags with the logo. I had heard of them prior to this only because I have a friend who STILL buys from them:mad: , but other than her I had never known anyone to burn those. Anyone else heard of them or used them?

Yep, they are here in Missouri and I have been to many shows that they were in also. They are not really "big", the owners are the ones that do the shows so its not like a Yankme or p-lite. I know Kim is VERY close to where they are if not the same town. We have talked about them before.

I just think the HUGE banner in their tents (like 20 feet long) that states:

Guaranteed to be "The Best Candle You Will Ever Buy"™

is a tad bit much.

Bruce

Yep, they are here in Missouri and I have been to many shows that they were in also. They are not really "big", the owners are the ones that do the shows so its not like a Yankme or p-lite. I know Kim is VERY close to where they are if not the same town. We have talked about them before.

I just think the HUGE banner in their tents (like 20 feet long) that states:

Guaranteed to be "The Best Candle You Will Ever Buy"™

is a tad bit much.

Bruce

LOL...I thought the same thing about that banner! I guess I consider them big because they are way bigger than me! They must be decent because they were doing good business, or maybe it was the huge display that just caught everyones attention:rolleyes2

Yep, they are here in my home town. But, I hold my own against them though :P People around here buy from them, but I am slowly getting buz from them, some plain don't like them (either their candles, or their personality, but hey, a sale is a sale-they are getting a little uppity for their "country" roots) I'll probably never be as big as them (although I WISH were) but hey, I take what I can get. So they are heading up to Indiana now. Hmmm, guess some of the shows 'round here are running them out...:shocked2: Oh, the stories I could tell...:lipsrseal

KimO

I looked at the prices and they seem cheap and I have to wonder if they are soy wax? They say their pint size candle will burn 100 hours. JJ 50 hours.

I wasn't impressed with the site either. Very little real information. It's geared towards fund raising and whole reps and not the general public. Sometimes companies do that to make themselves look bigger than they actually are.:shocked2:

From the looks of the candles I saw, I think they are soy. In the picture they have attached to their display, it shows someone with hundreds of jars in front of them and they are pouring wax. They must have a lot of workers because, like you noticed, they have like 95 scents or something and they had LOTS of every scent with them.

Sometimes companies do that to make themselves look bigger than they actually are.:shocked2:
Wow, I didn't know that. I was wondering why the site wasn't more retail customer friendly, especially for a 1st time customer who would need to have descriptions for each scent and also an "about us" section to learn more about the company and its products.

Well..they must be doing something right. Maybe we all think their banner is a "bit much", but if they were as busy as Deputy describes, who am I to judge anything they do? hehehe. Their website is very plain and clunky, but they get all the important information out there, and probably don't spend much money on it. And their pictures of their candles looked like hell too...to me this just proves what I've said all along..nobody but US gives a rats behind what the damn things look like..they care about the way they smell, the way they burn and sometimes the label. And I'd be willing to bet that "the way they burn" isn't even all that important..they just want their homes to smell great! If we can accomplish that, then the battle is MORE than half won! I say more power to 'em~~

I tend to agree with Prairieannie on this one. I try to produce the best candle I can and if I can get half the business Crowe's Candles is apparently getting, I'll be a happy camper. By the way, before I started making candles, I couldn't have told you a bad candle from a good one. All I cared about was that the candle smelled nice. It never even occurred to me that a candle shouldn't tunnel or shoot off black soot. And I believe this still holds true for most candle consumers today. That's why I work so hard to make a quality candle now ... it's nice to get feedback from customers when they comment that until they burned one of my candles, they never realized a candle could actually burn clean, completely, and have a good scent throw. If we all work hard to produce a good candle and get our name out there, we will also gain a good number of loyal customers. If Crowe's Candles are good, then congratulations to them. If they aren't, people will eventually realize it.

The only candle I bought from them was a pint apple pie candle about 3 or 4 years ago. Off center wick, 3/4 full, and as far as the scent goes, I would have rejected it as not strong enough. (they use green color for apple pie)

They make regular WAX candles, not soy and just because they have 90+ varieties, dont let that fool you. I have 130 varieties and have thousands of candles made up and ready to sell all the time.

They must be pretty big, I just looked at their website and they have had nearly 150,000 people look at their site!! I wasnt impressed with their site either, but that JMO

Pam

The counters on the sites don't mean that, that many people have viewed the site. you can easily change the hit meter. JMO