ISO bakery scrub

sorry that's so big-i couldn't resize it...

here's the websitehttp://www.funkydivashop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=645&osCsid=198d093acb5dd968cf3b4f6671ca0452

from their website: What do you get when you cross your favorite cookie with your favorite bath product - cookie dough foaming sugar scrubs! A yummy, no calorie way to enjoy one of our favorite snacks. To keep it genuine we even added small chocolate chips, which easily melt and are made of cocoa butter, which is good for your skin. Choose your favorite cookie flavor and ENJOY! Approx. 10 oz.

would be neat to make that, bet it would sell good!!!

Heather

Oooh, that looks sooo yummy! Looks just like cookie dough..:drool: I wonder if maybe it's made with foaming bath butter. Not sure what else would be in it except sugar and scent.. I would also like to know. I bet it would be a great seller..

Sharon

YESSS thats it! Here;s my problem...I have never even tried a scrub or whatever this is. i want to though...can someone be kind enough to help me start? I need a step by step instruction! Im telling you, Im not hopeless, but Im close. If you have any ideas I would be thrilled to hear them!!

I would say as long as you put a warning label-and probably bigger print, that it was for external use only...

otherwise, tons of bakery candles, cute little soaps/tarts that are shaped like candies, and even bead type jewelry, etc. would not be safe.

It would be the parent's responsibility for keeping it out of the reach of children.

I say go for it, as far as a recipe, i looked around and i think if you followed a recipe for a thicker body scrub you'd be ok-some say you want a cookie dough consistency.....

I was thinking of getting some from this place just to try it out. it would make a very nice gift for mother's day, valentine's day, etc. I'm going to go check out her other products and see what shipping is. it is a little spendy, but i bet it would go quite far...

will let you know if i do order it...

Heather

First place to start would be to get your FBB. You'll find the directions to make it from where ever you order it from. Then you would mainly have to play with it to get the consistency, dough color that you want.

Then molds for your chocolate chips etc. or you could use the cookie/cake decorations from the grocery store. I have some FBB I've been wanting to play with but nothing to decorate it with except colored sugar.

After looking at it a little closer it looks like they just used the FBB in a solid form without adding any oils to thin it for whipping because it does stay in a solid form. I've had mine a while and it hasn't melted any at all. Just mixed in the sugars etc.

I'm going to have to try a small batch of this today and just add sugar sprinkles I think I've got some some where lmao but where is it. HERE sprinkles!!!

I hope this at least helps you as to where to start.

well, i took the plunge and ordered some, so will let you know the results when i get it. it says 2-5 days...

i ordered the chocolate chip cookie dough one-i want to see how the cocoa butter feels...

will update when i receive my order...

Heather

well, i took the plunge and ordered some, so will let you know the results when i get it. it says 2-5 days...

i ordered the chocolate chip cookie dough one-i want to see how the cocoa butter feels...

will update when i receive my order...

Heather

Kewl thanks Heather I can't wait to hear the results on it.

We think alike...I was thinking of ordering it to see what its like. You must let me know! So, basically you think I just need to mess around with some foaming bath butter and i can figure it out? I will look for some recipes for FBB and let you know...in the mean time, if anyone figures this stuff out still let me know!

i'll let you know if the label gives away any ingredients. as seen on the website, there is absolutely no labeling, but i'm assuming that it will have some sort of labeling on it when i get it.

and it does say foaming bath sugar scrub... so i'm assuming it must have foaming bath butter and maybe just sugar and fo's... the oatmeal one, i saw a recipe on the web that had real oatmeal ground up a little in it... the stuff on the top made to look like "cinnamon" etc, is probably some sort of mica powder or something put in a shaker...

i'm excited. by this time next week i should have an answer for you. the minute i get it and try it out i'll let you know. i'd love to make this for my mom and mil for mother's day... and some for myself too, of course!!!

Heather

I would say as long as you put a warning label-and probably bigger print, that it was for external use only...

otherwise, tons of bakery candles, cute little soaps/tarts that are shaped like candies, and even bead type jewelry, etc. would not be safe.

It would be the parent's responsibility for keeping it out of the reach of children.

Heather

You know....you are 100% right...but just like the person who orders hot coffee...spills it on their self and then sues cause the coffee was hot...you just never know.

I think they would be good sellers though!!!

I can't wait to hear about it when you get it.. I have some FBB here, maybe I will play with some this week and see if I can come up with anything. I do a lot of cakes so I'm sure I have a ton of stuff to play around with..I'll let you know..;)

Sharon

You know....you are 100% right...but just like the person who orders hot coffee...spills it on their self and then sues cause the coffee was hot...you just never know.

I think they would be good sellers though!!

That is exactly what I was going to say. Just make sure if you do sell it you are covered by insurance. Yes, it's up to the parents to watch their kids but some aren't smart enough. If they are willing to let them die in a hot car who knows if they will keep b&b that looks like food away from them.

That is exactly what I was going to say. Just make sure if you do sell it you are covered by insurance. Yes, it's up to the parents to watch their kids but some aren't smart enough. If they are willing to let them die in a hot car who knows if they will keep b&b that looks like food away from them.

very true, i never thought about that. i do have insurance...

i guess my opinion is-did mcdonald's stop serving coffee because of 1 stupid person, millions of products are made daily that used wrong could be dangerous. does that stop you from making candles? because if used incorrectly, could start your house on fire... granted they have a much bigger legal team, and more $$ coming in to be able to pay fines, etc...

they don't stop selling cars to people who are idiots and can't drive or leave their kids in the cars to die... unfortunately there isn't a test to see who can be a parent and who can't, cause imo there would be a lot less kids in the world today!!!

i personally am not going to worry about a lawsuit, as long as any product i made is labeled correctly with any warnings that are necessary...

it is just like some soap i seen on someone's internet site-not sure who-but it was popsicle soap.... and it looked like the real thing....

just something to think about.... as long as you've got your tail end covered, i would sell these products in a heartbeat...

just my 2 cents worth...

Heather

i personally am not going to worry about a lawsuit, as long as any product i made is labeled correctly with any warnings that are necessary...

it is just like some soap i seen on someone's internet site-not sure who-but it was popsicle soap.... and it looked like the real thing....

just something to think about.... as long as you've got your tail end covered, i would sell these products in a heartbeat...

Heather

I would sell these too and wouldnt think twice about it...and as long as I do your part and label them with all the warnings then I would feel good about it...but on the other hand I also know that if for some odd ball reason...one of my buyers bought it and a child ate it and got sick or whatever....I dont think I could live with myself....just like if someone bought a candle from me and went to bed with it burning and burnt their house down I would feel the same way....its not my fault ...and yeah with my "tail end is covered" (LOL..I like that one!) I wouldnt worry about a lawsuit at all.

Selling these would be no different then any handmade item or store bought item....it's kinda like to each their own deal....

These would go PERFECT with my food candles....I am TRYING to get myself to make food shaped soaps too...so yeah I would be one of the ones who would make it and sell it.

Okay...so its a recipe with FBB, sugar and FO...does anyone have a good starter recipe for this? I have never made anything but mp soap...so now i know some ingrediants...how about a recipe? lol...Man, Im never satisfied am I? I was trying to find just a starter...basic recipe...and have had no luck!

Heather, i am axiously awaiting your report on how this product is!!